Favorites through the Ages

RambleOn
Reactions:

@CCubs Ever listen to WCDD 107.9 between Noon and 1:00 PM weekdays? They play old-time, classic country during that hour. Lots of memories in that hour!
Above all, be kind!
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I will try it sometime. My parents constantly had classic country music on the radio, back in the good old days of WXCL.
Johnny Cash
Loretta Lynn
Hank Williams
Mel Tillis
Merle Haggard
Patsy Cline
Charlie Pride
Hank Snow
Willie Nelson
Elvis Presley
Ernest Tubb
so many more.......... good music.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

RambleOn wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:55 am I could bore you with my list of country music performers, but I won't! :D
I grew up listening to country music on my parents radio while eating breakfast before school. Hank Williams, Hank Snow, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Lynn Anderson, Porter Waggoner among artists I heard. Bluegrass music is one genre that I still like. My wife and I saw Ricky Skaggs at the HOI Fair Grandstand.
But then my older sister got into these new fangled long haired musicians that called themselves The Beatles, Paul Revere and the Raiders, and the Rolling Stones. It was after my sister got her driver's license, and we went to fairs and carnivals together that we listened to WIRL and I grew to like pop and rock music more.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RambleOn
Reactions:

@DennisinMH I never made that transition, especially not to the heavy metal. I still like to watch old re-runs of The Johnny Cash Show!
Above all, be kind!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

A few more honorable Mentions, of more modern groups:

Staind
Pretty Reckless (found out their female lead singer portrayed Cindy Lou Who in The Grinch Live action movie)
Hinder
Seether
Three Days Grace
Three Doors Down
Halestorm (another female lead singer)
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RambleOn
Reactions:

@DennisinMH I have heard of one of those on your more recent list! ;)
Above all, be kind!