Favorites through the Ages

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Music I'm playing in car on a flash drive for the next few weeks or so. Already on Lynyrd Skynyrd. For the first time, listened to Led Zeppelin I and Led Zeppelin II.

Beatles
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Black Sabbath
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Aerosmith
Styx
KISS
The Eagles
Chicago
ACDC
Boston
Bad Company
Cheap Trick
Rush
Tom Petty
Van Halen
John Mellencamp
Ozzy Osbourne
REO Speedwagon
ZZ Top
The Cars
Sammy Hagar
Motley Crue
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Soundgarden
STP
Alice in Chains
Collective Soul
Foo Fighters
Offspring
Nickelback
Green Day
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Creed
Black Crowes
Godsmack
Audioslave
Greta Van Fleet

Now, there are other bands I like, such the Doors and Pink Floyd, but just didn't make the list.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Great list! Have you ever listened to Janice Joplin? Or, Stevie Nicks? They are both fantastic.
Last edited by born2race2win1954! on Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

born2race2win1954! wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:45 am Great list! Have you ever listened to Janice Joplin?
Eh, not really. Not opposed to it though. Me and Bobby McGee about only song I've
Heard.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Traffic, CCR, Buddy Guy, Jonny Winter............there's more.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

My babysitter for my two sons when they were in early grade school was Sandy McGuire. Her husband was Bill McGuire whose family owned Phone-A-Feast in Peoria. Sandy told me she went to school with and was friends with some of the Cheap Trick group. At one time the group was going to come to her beautiful home in in Farmington on their way to some concert near Peoria and I was invited over to meet them. But, something happened with their planned trip near Peoria and it was cancelled.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Molly Hatchet is another good band from back in the day
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Allman Brothers, Eric Clapton, Little Feat, John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Indigenous, ZZ Top, Cream, Jonny Lang, J.J. Grey...........
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
RPlant
Reactions:

I still can't believe that this is the first time you've listened to Zeppelin II !?!

Did you at least tack on "We're Gonna Groove", the outtake released on Coda?

Bring It On Home is the best song on the album, especially when it kicks in at 1:40!

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Loved both Led Zeppelin I and II. I believe Bring it on Home is also on the Live Celebration Day CD from 2009.

I own a vinyl copy of CODA, so need to download a digital copy.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Oh my, I have committed a great sin!

I forgot to include Metallica in this list! Probably because the beginning of every month, I pop in one of their great metal rock albums onto my flash player. I had made this list after playing the "Black Album" at the beginning of August.