Social distancing in diners

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Yes, even though I would have said it was because of no masks, it might have been taken differently. Even though I would have said that I've worked in the Black Community for 27 years. I have never been prejudiced.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Jannn1959
Reactions:

If I was in that position, I think I would ask for my dinner to go. I’ve generally eaten outside rather than inside. I did eat inside the busy corner twice.

I walked into Wingstop once two weeks ago and no one had masks on, not even the cooks. That was too risky for me. I faked a text message and said I’d have to come back later to order, but I didn’t go back.

I’m just trying to be safe rather than sorry.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:46 am Yes, even though I would have said it was because of no masks, it might have been taken differently. Even though I would have said that I've worked in the Black Community for 27 years. I have never been prejudiced.
I'm not accusing you of being prejudice, never have and without evidence of it I never would. The kind of accusations should not be tossed around casually. However, I would not let myself be placed in a position that could possibly endanger my health or my very life because I don't want to appear "woke" either. This ridiculous culture that has been created has you so scared of what someone may think, even though it's completely untrue, you're willing to risk your well being to comply with it. Think about that.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

No sweat, pal, comment not directed at you. I was just saying. Last thing I needed is asking waitress to move me, and have someone whip out their phone, video me asking it, and perhaps the other customers accusing me. Not saying they would, but why take that chance. Especially in these days of social media and viral videos? However, I have lots of videos on YouTube of me interviewing or videoing African Americans speaking or in a talk show format.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

@DennisinMH I guess that could work both ways. Video or record yourself asking the waitperson to move you if the gentlemen across from you fail to wear a mask. Hate to put the waitperson in that situation, but that is why they pay managers the big $$$$.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........