A ‘messy’, ‘ugly’, and ‘joyful’ church Advent celebration

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

We've had several Republican candidates on Matt Sheehan's On the Record interview series lately. Haven't heard of any Democrat candidates for the same .races call for equal time. But then, the primaries aren't until June.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Last time I checked, this blog is protected under the 1st Amendment, freedom of speech. So,, anyone here has the right to change their mind about what they want to post about. I just have to make sure certain commenters don't get under my skin too deep.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:02 pm We've had several Republican candidates on Matt Sheehan's On the Record interview series lately. Haven't heard of any Democrat candidates for the same .races call for equal time. But then, the primaries aren't until June.
Please try to stay on topic. I asked you some simple questions two hours ago relating to the WMBD pro-homosexual story. Will you answer them in the next 22 hours?
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:10 pm
DennisinPeoria wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:02 pm We've had several Republican candidates on Matt Sheehan's On the Record interview series lately. Haven't heard of any Democrat candidates for the same .races call for equal time. But then, the primaries aren't until June.
Please try to stay on topic. I asked you some simple questions two hours ago relating to the WMBD pro-homosexual story. Will you answer them in the next 22 hours?
I can't answer, because I'm not the one responsible to call for story interviews. And I'm not going to speak for what reporters do to get their story.

Next question would be why another local outlet didn't seek out Conservative pastors or priests for local reaction?
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:23 pm I can't answer, because I'm not the one responsible to call for story interviews. And I'm not going to speak for what reporters do to get their story.
Don't you work with these people? You can't ask them?
DennisinPeoria wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:23 pm Next question would be why another local outlet didn't seek out Conservative pastors or priests for local reaction?
We've gone over this. WEEK didn't write a pro-homosexual story like WMBD did. They just reposted the AP article. You're comparing apples and oranges.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:26 pm
RPlant wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:47 pm
Tazewell wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:42 pm If you want, I can post some videos on the subject.
If you think that'll help educate the masses.
Did this knucklehead just proclaim about 3 minutes in that you can be a member at his church, but not an elder without disavowing the Catholic church? Hmmm, let's see what is a "member" expected to do? Tithe 10%. Yep, um huh. He has no problem taking the money. Hypocrite.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:11 pm Did this knucklehead just proclaim about 3 minutes in that you can be a member at his church, but not an elder without disavowing the Catholic church? Hmmm, let's see what is a "member" expected to do? Tithe 10%. Yep, um huh. He has no problem taking the money. Hypocrite.
Are you talking about 2 minutes in where he talks about affirming the Westminster Confession? Do you know what that is or what it says? I'm guessing not judging by your reply.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:24 pm
RPlant wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:11 pm Did this knucklehead just proclaim about 3 minutes in that you can be a member at his church, but not an elder without disavowing the Catholic church? Hmmm, let's see what is a "member" expected to do? Tithe 10%. Yep, um huh. He has no problem taking the money. Hypocrite.
Are you talking about 2 minutes in where he talks about affirming the Westminster Confession? Do you know what that is or what it says? I'm guessing not judging by your reply.
Adopted in the 1600's, AD (Anno Domini, a/k/a after death). Now back to your internet clown expecting his congregation to tithe even if they're not true believers.

https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confess ... estminster
The Westminster Confession of Faith is one of the most influential creeds of Calvinism and one of the most significant documents defining the content of the faith of the Presbyterian Churches.

It was elaborated, along with other documents, during the Westminster Assembly held at the abbey of the same name (London, Great Britain) from 1643 to 1646.

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:02 am
Tazewell wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:24 pm Are you talking about 2 minutes in where he talks about affirming the Westminster Confession? Do you know what that is or what it says? I'm guessing not judging by your reply.
Adopted in the 1600's, AD (Anno Domini, a/k/a after death). Now back to your internet clown expecting his congregation to tithe even if they're not true believers.

The Westminster Confession of Faith is one of the most influential creeds of Calvinism and one of the most significant documents defining the content of the faith of the Presbyterian Churches.

It was elaborated, along with other documents, during the Westminster Assembly held at the abbey of the same name (London, Great Britain) from 1643 to 1646.
Your reply shows that you have no idea what you are talking about in this subject. Nothing in it makes sense. Also, where did he mention anything about tithing in the video?
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 am
RPlant wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:02 am
Tazewell wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:24 pm Are you talking about 2 minutes in where he talks about affirming the Westminster Confession? Do you know what that is or what it says? I'm guessing not judging by your reply.

Your reply shows that you have no idea what you are talking about in this subject. Nothing in it makes sense. Also, where did he mention anything about tithing in the video?
A church member isn't required to tithe!?! That's organized religion 101.

#Resistance_is_futile