Not A Good Start to 2022

RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:26 am
RPlant wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:57 am I started to read some of these, and even without the PDC posts, I don't recall and seriously doubt you ever were criticizing Ardis before he even took office or continually pounding him during his first 12 months or first term in office.
When Ardis took office, PDC didn't even exist yet. On top of that, I was barely out of college and didn't give a hoot about politics, especially local politics. Either way, was crime this bad his first year in office? Had he started his ventures into crony capitalism?
Wait, Mayor Ali has been charged with crony capitalism!?!

In case you hadn't noticed Peoria is not alone, crime is up across the US. Started during the summer of unrest in 2020, something to do with the murder of George Floyd.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Whatever
Last edited by AV8R on Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will never vote for Kamunism
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Whatever. I won’t be a victim to your gaslighting this year. The jig is up.
I will never vote for Kamunism
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:04 am Whatever. I won’t be a victim to your gaslighting this year. The jig is up.
No one is making you participate.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:56 am Again that's funny because you are one trying to move them. I asked for a comparison of comments between Ali and Ardis, at the same point in time in their tenure. @Tazewell just admitted he didn't comment on Ardis back then. Well, there you go. The young white college grad has no problem with, or even pays attention to, the new white, male mayor, but the world is ending before the new black, female mayor even takes office.

See: viewtopic.php?p=19522#p19522
If I was at all interested in politics in 2005, which I was not, where should I have submitted my comments?
RPlant wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:15 am Wait, Mayor Ali has been charged with crony capitalism!?!
Instead of posting more nonsense, why don't you answer my question? How bad was crime during Ardis' first year? Was it at all comparable?
RPlant wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:15 am In case you hadn't noticed Peoria is not alone, crime is up across the US. Started during the summer of unrest in 2020, something to do with the murder of George Floyd.
Yep, thanks Leftists!
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:46 pm
RPlant wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:56 am Again that's funny because you are one trying to move them. I asked for a comparison of comments between Ali and Ardis, at the same point in time in their tenure. @Tazewell just admitted he didn't comment on Ardis back then. Well, there you go. The young white college grad has no problem with, or even pays attention to, the new white, male mayor, but the world is ending before the new black, female mayor even takes office.

See: viewtopic.php?p=19522#p19522
If I was at all interested in politics in 2005, which I was not, where should I have submitted my comments?
RPlant wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:15 am Wait, Mayor Ali has been charged with crony capitalism!?!
Instead of posting more nonsense, why don't you answer my question? How bad was crime during Ardis' first year? Was it at all comparable?
RPlant wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:15 am In case you hadn't noticed Peoria is not alone, crime is up across the US. Started during the summer of unrest in 2020, something to do with the murder of George Floyd.
Yep, thanks Leftists!
1) The editorial page of the newspaper has worked for at least a century.

2) Unfortunately, CoP's detailed crime stats only go back to 2014, see http://www.peoriagov.org/peoria-police- ... map-stats/. We can assume the trend line mirrors national, but that likely won't settle your curiosity. Local mayors buckle up, you are going along for a national ride.

3) You love that narrative; too bad it isn't true.

Leaked Proud Boys Chats Show Members Plotting Violence At Rallies
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/proud-bo ... 035b928683
The Proud Boys want the public to believe that they’re a “drinking club” who only resort to violence to defend themselves from anti-fascist protesters during political rallies.

But in private, these extremists have discussed injuring and even killing their adversaries, plotting tactics and optics for months in order to assert a claim of self-defense should they face charges.

According to private chat logs obtained exclusively by HuffPost, the punch-happy, pro-Trump street gang was particularly excited for its “Resist Marxism” rally, scheduled for April 6 in Providence, Rhode Island. With the right plan of attack, members said, this one could put them back on the map.

“This mother f**ker needs to meet a 7mm [Magnum rifle] from about 500 yards.”

- Proud Boy Shaun Hufton in private chats.
The group had been floundering ever since 10 of its members were arrested for assaulting protesters outside a GOP event in New York City last year. Their leader, Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes, reportedly arranged for his followers’ surrender.

In the chats, covering a time period between February and March of this year, members claimed they needed a conclusive “win” this time around, which they defined as a bloody battle against “antifa” in Providence. If this brawl were bigger and more violent than previous iterations, they might regain some of the street cred and followers they’d lost.

“We’ll grow this group of patriots and we’ll never back down,” wrote the event’s organizer, Proud Boys member Alan Swinney, in the private chat messages. “If we win, it will make more patriots come to the next rally. We just need to go there and we’ll beat them. We’ll have enough to crush them at some point.”

A source with direct knowledge of the exchanges confirmed to HuffPost that the logs were authentic. Swinney also responded to several screenshots. When asked about discussions of violence in the chat logs, he told HuffPost, “They’re warriors. ... Choir boys don’t go up against people like that [anti-fascists]. It takes a person with a certain type of mindset.”

The logs contained a revolving door of up to 30 Proud Boys and their allies, including militia members and other “patriots,” as Swinney called them. Those named in this story either publicly identify as members of the Proud Boys or affiliated groups, or have been identified as such in national news stories or by the groups’ leaders.

LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW POLICE KNEW FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS WERE THE REAL THREAT AT PROTESTS, NOT “ANTIFA”
https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/geo ... ht-antifa/
AS PROTESTS AGAINST police violence spread to every state in the U.S. and dramatic images flooded in from cities across the country, President Donald Trump and his attorney general spun an ominous story of opportunistic leftists exploiting a national trauma to sow chaos and disorder. They were the anti-fascists known as “antifa”, and according to the administration they were domestic terrorists who would be policed accordingly.

But while the White House beat the drum for a crackdown on a leaderless movement on the left, law enforcement offices across the country were sharing detailed reports of far-right extremists seeking to attack the protesters and police during the country’s historic demonstrations, a trove of newly leaked documents reveals.

Among the steady stream of threats from the far-right were repeated encounters between law enforcement and heavily armed adherents of the so-called boogaloo movement, which welcomes armed confrontation with cops as means to trigger civil war. With much of the U.S. policing apparatus on the hunt for antifa instigators, those violent aspirations appear to have materialized in a string of targeted attacks in California that left a federal protective services officer and a sheriff’s deputy dead and several other law enforcement officials wounded.

The cache of law enforcement materials was recently hacked and posted online under the title “BlueLeaks,” providing an unprecedented look at the communications between state, local, and federal law enforcement in the face of the nationwide protests. In an analysis of nearly 300 documents that reference “antifa,” The Intercept found repeated instances of antifa and left-wing protesting activities cast in cartoonishly grim terms alongside more substantive reports of lethal right-wing violence and threats that have received scant mention from top Trump administration officials.

“Throughout the documents you see counterterrorism agencies using extremism so broadly as to mean virtually anything that encompasses dissent,” Hina Shamsi, director of the ACLU’s National Security Project, told The Intercept. “There are instances in which people engaging in white supremacist violence get the benefit of the doubt as potential lone offenders, while people of color and those who dissent against government injustice are smeared as threats with guilt by association.”
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:24 am 1) The editorial page of the newspaper has worked for at least a century.

2) Unfortunately, CoP's detailed crime stats only go back to 2014, see http://www.peoriagov.org/peoria-police- ... map-stats/. We can assume the trend line mirrors national, but that likely won't settle your curiosity. Local mayors buckle up, you are going along for a national ride.

3) You love that narrative; too bad it isn't true.

Leaked Proud Boys Chats Show Members Plotting Violence At Rallies
1) Are you implying that because I didn't write into the Journal Star during Ardis' first year in office, I can't criticize Ali? Do you realize how foolish that sounds?

2) if you really wanted to know, I'm sure you could get violent crime statistics from the PPD.

3) The rise in violent crime is because of the Proud Boys and the "Far Right"?

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

You like to give out phone numbers and emails now.
Have you contacted Mayor Ali yet?
Tazewell
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:07 am You like to give out phone numbers and emails now.
I learned it from your pal Dennis.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Dennis taught you how to contact Mayor Ali? Thank you Dennis. What did you and Mayor Ali discuss? Were you able to air out all of your anger and set her straight?