Not A Good Start to 2022

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

3 shootings, with 2 homicides in 3 separate incidents. 2 women died, but their bf/husband survived. Hope they will talk.

This occurred in 3 separate areas of the city, too, overnight. The article is in the WAP news list, so no need to link it.
RPlant
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:28 am 3 shootings, with 2 homicides in 3 separate incidents. 2 women died, but their bf/husband survived. Hope they will talk.

This occurred in 3 separate areas of the city, too, overnight. The article is in the WAP news list, so no need to link it.
Nope, not a good start. 2 of 3 addresses unfortunately do not surprise me, but I had to look up the Oakcrest location. Curious about that apartment complex.

Couldn't help but to be reminded of Graham Nash's lyrics in Wild Tales.

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

DELETED BY MODERATOR
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

A suspect has been identified in 2 of the shootings.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... homicides/

Based on what we've found out, so far no juveniles are involved. Only adults.

2 women have died, 3 other people shot. And there's still concerns about the Mayor. Think about the families who lost a mother, sister, or daughter on New Year's Day.

There was also a fatal hit & run as well. Wondering if the Mayor will be blamed for not stopping that too. (Sarcasm)
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:47 pm Wondering if the Mayor will be blamed for not stopping that too. (Sarcasm)
How many times must we go over this? She is being criticized for doing nothing. She is playing the fiddle while Peoria burns, figuratively AND literally.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

I'm sorry, I think folks here need proof that she's 100% figuratively and literally not doing anything to reduce crime. Show me your copy of her daily schedule, because you seem to know her every move.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:16 pm I'm sorry, I think folks here need proof that she's 100% figuratively and literally not doing anything to reduce crime. Show me your copy of her daily schedule, because you seem to know her every move.
Do I need to know her schedule to know she is an ineffective leader? Those in the local Leftist media (WMBD) would be all over it if she did or said ANYTHING relating to crime. The media loves to rally around Leftist politicians, especially when they rank high on the intersectionality totem pole. The lack of glowing coverage of her time in office is all the evidence I need.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

We have had the Mayor on several times this year regarding crime. But not as much since Echeveria was hired.

There are government leaders that prefer to work behind the scenes, let the department heads do their job, And they don't crave or require a lot of media coverage. (Ardis was like this too) Just because a Mayor is not on TV once a week regarding crime or other issues, doesn't mean they're not doing their job.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

^^^ in other words, whatever fits his narrative ^^^

Referring to Tazewell.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.