Peoria makes national news

Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 am I didn't invent the concept. As you see in the articles I posted, other agencies are using social media to help fight violence. Don't you think cops in Peoria are smart enough to figure it out? You don't have a lot of faith in them, do you?
You know what would fight violence? The other 180 people there turning over the shooters.

If I was at a gathering and someone started shooting the place up.. I'd sing like a canary. The people who opened fire at that gathering need to be locked away forever. They clearly have lost their grip on humanity.

Why should the police care if the community doesn't care enough to report these people? Did they ever find the shooter that gunned down that 4 year old last year? Eh? Shameful.

No justice for Jeremiah because of cowards in our community. The same cowards that were at that gathering. The government can't fix that.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

"Nah. I'm more inclined to find the racists living and teaching amongst us."

Good luck in your quest. Don't get too close to any reflective objects while doing so. :D
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Pock wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:53 am
LovelyRita wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 am I didn't invent the concept. As you see in the articles I posted, other agencies are using social media to help fight violence. Don't you think cops in Peoria are smart enough to figure it out? You don't have a lot of faith in them, do you?
You know what would fight violence? The other 180 people there turning over the shooters.

If I was at a gathering and someone started shooting the place up.. I'd sing like a canary. The people who opened fire at that gathering need to be locked away forever. They clearly have lost their grip on humanity.

Why should the police care if the community doesn't care enough to report these people? Did they ever find the shooter that gunned down that 4 year old last year? Eh? Shameful.

No justice for Jeremiah because of cowards in our community. The same cowards that were at that gathering. The government can't fix that.
I have to agree with you, but unfortunately the 'No Snitch' rule is probably in effect for this incident.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

You should see the sick comments on Yahoo article. BLM is being blamed for this.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RPlant
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:48 am
RPlant wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:27 am
AV8R wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:10 pm Wasn’t someone just commenting how safe Peoria is? That didn’t age well, and it’s only a day old!!
Yeah man, I had to divert to Chillicothe to buy my meth Sunday morning.
Do they have better meth in Chillicothe? One would have thought Pekin would have been closer. Hit the McCluggage and head south.
The anhydrous from the Chillicothe Ag View FS has a smoother finish than the Pekin location. Besides, I feel safer up there.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

For the job I had before I retired, I was very much involved with use of the Internet, Facebook, etc. and did so even when they were first being used. I also worked a lot with area police departments. They definitely scoured FB posts, etc. I’m assuming they still do.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!