Mayor Rita Ali Speaks Out

Tazewell
Reactions:

87th place makes "Peoria one of the top cities to live in economically"?

Edit: The other studies seem to say it is cheap to live in Peoria. That is not exactly a good thing in and of itself.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:00 pm Uh - Oh. Your telling the truth again. They don't like that.
On the contrary, I find it not only unusual, but refreshing.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

@DennisinMH
Did WMBD get a return call from the Mayor today?
Tazewell
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:47 pm @DennisinMH
Probably not. Instead she was doing this:

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... ic-center/

People are being murdered at an unprecedented rate, but hey, at least the Civic Center is reopening.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Toldyouso wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:47 pm @DennisinMH
I am unaware if anyone in the newsroom did. We were all assigned different stories.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

I have a feeling some people would still complain if the Civic Center decided not to reopen, thus less tax $$$ coming into the city for another few months or perhaps next year. Even if if the homicide rate was down from last year.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:37 pm
CCubs wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:00 pm Uh - Oh. Your telling the truth again. They don't like that.
On the contrary, I find it not only unusual, but refreshing.
But yet you support the biggest LIAR of all - time.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 pm I have a feeling some people would still complain if the Civic Center decided not to reopen, thus less tax $$$ coming into the city for another few months or perhaps next year. Even if if the homicide rate was down from last year.
I’d rather see the 35-year-old HRE tax ended. If the Civic Center can’t stay above water without it, it needs to close. Keep the sales tax in place and use the revenue to hire more police officers.
RPlant
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 pm
DennisinMH wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 pm I have a feeling some people would still complain if the Civic Center decided not to reopen, thus less tax $$$ coming into the city for another few months or perhaps next year. Even if if the homicide rate was down from last year.
I’d rather see the 35-year-old HRE tax ended. If the Civic Center can’t stay above water without it, it needs to close. Keep the sales tax in place and use the revenue to hire more police officers.
I presume you are aware of this thing called restricted funds? You don't get to pass a tax for one thing and then suddenly decide to spend it on another. I thought Republicans were all about truth in taxation.

Now they could spend General Funds to hire more police. Do you know how General Funds are funded? Property and sales tax, but hey thanks for another strawperson retort. :oops:
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Is there a special sales tax for the convention center?