@DennisMH

Bwiser
Reactions:

;) DennisMH,you work at WMBD right? Maybe you could get an ata boy by telling the person that
Controls the weather chyron to move it to the right side of the screen. This continues to block other chyrons they run during newscasts. It also interferes with other programming, golf, nascar, etc..
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Sorry, but usually those warnings and watches are displayed automattically by the NWS usually from the Master Control As far as placement on screen, I agree, lower left corner is unusual. But better than shrinking screen to display radar and other info like what WEEK/WHOI does.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:33 pm Sorry, but usually those warnings and watches are displayed automattically by the NWS usually from the Master Control As far as placement on screen, I agree, lower left corner is unusual. But better than shrinking screen to display radar and other info like what WEEK/WHOI does.
I always wondered how much of that was automated.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Pock wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:27 pm
DennisinMH wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:33 pm Sorry, but usually those warnings and watches are displayed automattically by the NWS usually from the Master Control As far as placement on screen, I agree, lower left corner is unusual. But better than shrinking screen to display radar and other info like what WEEK/WHOI does.
I always wondered how much of that was automated.
The 1st time I worked for WEEK part-time back in 2000 as a weather graphics person for the 10 pm newscast. I asked Jim Barnett that particular question. He was the one that told me it was automated. Wow, that was 20 years ago, almost?
These days, the technology may be different on how it pops on the screens at different stations.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?