Is this any surprise?

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Peoria's gas prices have always seemed to be higher than other cities. It's just market demands in most cases, perhaps a higher gas tax in others. Still glad we're not paying $3 a gallon for gas.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:22 am Peoria's gas prices have always seemed to be higher than other cities. It's just market demands in most cases, perhaps a higher gas tax in others. Still glad we're not paying $3 a gallon for gas.
The city tax is five cents.. Still makes EP 10 cents cheaper. Why? One would think with all the competition in Peoria proper, prices would be less. If you are in BFE, you could charge whatever you wanted. That said, I have been buying gas at the new Conoco station in the East Bluff. While higher than EP, it is probably the lowest price station in Peoria (not the Heights or West Peoria) and so I will support them.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Oscar Leroy
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:23 pm Image
Stay in Peoria until the value of your house goes up enough so you can profit enough to move. :P
RPlant
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 am
DennisinMH wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:22 am Peoria's gas prices have always seemed to be higher than other cities. It's just market demands in most cases, perhaps a higher gas tax in others. Still glad we're not paying $3 a gallon for gas.
The city tax is five cents.. Still makes EP 10 cents cheaper. Why? One would think with all the competition in Peoria proper, prices would be less. If you are in BFE, you could charge whatever you wanted. That said, I have been buying gas at the new Conoco station in the East Bluff. While higher than EP, it is probably the lowest price station in Peoria (not the Heights or West Peoria) and so I will support them.
Seriously, 5 cents? Is that the depth of your rant.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

So, 5 cents a gallon. I usually refill my gas tank at about 10 to 12 gallons. So 50 to 60 cents more does not really seem worth worrying about.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:22 pm So, 5 cents a gallon. I usually refill my gas tank at about 10 to 12 gallons. So 50 to 60 cents more does not really seem worth worrying about.
For one tank of gas, perhaps not. But over the course of 2-3 months, that .50-.60 cents adds up.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

@RPlant @CCubs are you going to flame Dennis as well? His position mirrors that of kev and you both had comments denigrating him.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Dennis is probably the best, most honest poster on here. Unlike you, he listens to others opinions and has his own opinion as well. There is NO HATE in his messages, like yours have. He adds good insight to all of the topics on here. He has my RESPECT.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:54 pm Dennis is probably the best, most honest poster on here. Unlike you, he listens to others opinions and has his own opinion as well. There is NO HATE in his messages, like yours have. He adds good insight to all of the topics on here. He has my RESPECT.
so no then. got it.