Bernardi’s in Dunlap shuts down permanently

Bwiser
Reactions:

DUNLAP — Bernardi’s Pub & Italian Eatery has shut down permanently.

Tuesday was its last day of operations, according a Wednesday Facebook announcement made by the eatery, 12200 N. Brentfield:

“With a heavy heart, the Bernardi family is sad to announce the closure of Bernardi’s Pub in Dunlap. Under these unfortunate times, we will be closed as of September 22, 2020.

“Our family has seen and been through many different and difficult times over the last 87 years, yet nothing like this. We sincerely thank all of our loyal and great customers for your patronage over the last 12 years and, most importantly, the friendships that were made.

“Our family tradition will continue with our other locations in Washington, Toluca and Pontiac.”
Oscar Leroy
Reactions:

I started going to "Mona's" in Toluca before I can remember. The Bernardi family were good friends with my parents in the 40s. I've been to all of their restaurants except Pontiac. Been to the Dunlap location a few times. Unfortunately I was disappointed each time. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't up to 'Mona's' standards. Just my opinion.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

My girlfriends and I drove over to that location two weeks ago to have dinner and there was a sign on the door that they were closed due to a staff member having COVID. So. we drove over to the Heights and had a great dinner there at another restaurant.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
RPlant
Reactions:

I still miss the Woodcutter. 30 years ago Mona's was somewhat unique, today its pretty much a jar of Ragu. They sold the "rav" factory to Winsor Foods nearly a decade ago. Pretty much running off of name only at this point. I don't think any of the remote locations even offer the old "Polenta Thursday" either.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Bwiser
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:13 pm I still miss the Woodcutter. 30 years ago Mona's was somewhat unique, today its pretty much a jar of Ragu. They sold the "rav" factory to Winsor Foods nearly a decade ago. Pretty much running off of name only at this point. I don't think any of the remote locations even offer the old "Polenta Thursday" either.
And Winsor food sold it to Ajinomoto Foods North America .They still do a "Polenta Thursday " just
not every Thursday.
RPlant
Reactions:

Bwiser wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:43 pm
RPlant wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:13 pm I still miss the Woodcutter. 30 years ago Mona's was somewhat unique, today its pretty much a jar of Ragu. They sold the "rav" factory to Winsor Foods nearly a decade ago. Pretty much running off of name only at this point. I don't think any of the remote locations even offer the old "Polenta Thursday" either.
And Winsor food sold it to Ajinomoto Foods North America .They still do a "Polenta Thursday " just
not every Thursday.
Only in Toluca. I said not in any of the remote locations. And yes, we used to be on the mailing list. It was once a month over the winter months.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

So sad. Their food was wonderful back in the day.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!