Peoria Int'l Airport Gets Funds for Runway, Apron Improvement

bn13814
Reactions:

Peoria International Airport is getting $1.1 million for runway improvements and airline apron expansion. WEEK TV-25's website posted this story on its website on Wednesday.

The funds will be used to strengthen 5,650 feet of Runway 4-22, which is 8,004 feet in length. The improvement is needed for continued use by heavier aircraft. Subsurface conditions are causing deterioration of this runway, and part of the funds will be used to investigate this issue.

Funds will also be used to design a much-needed airline apron expansion. Before coronavirus lockdowns, which crashed local passenger traffic starting in March, some carriers were using bigger planes, which limited parking space at the terminal. The apron expansion will increase the apron's size to allow for more and larger planes in the 76- to 90-seat class.

https://week.com/2020/09/01/local-airpo ... re-grants/
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Nice. Hopefully, things improve post-COVID.
bn13814
Reactions:

Pock wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 am Nice. Hopefully, things improve post-COVID.
Business travel must return to pre-virus restriction panic levels. Delta Connection's service suspension is supposed to end October 1, but I suspect it will be extended.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I hope that eventually it does, however I’ve read several articles opining that business travel may never return to pre-Covid levels. Businessman have discovered they can stay home and do a meeting by zoom, no need to fly across country for a one day meeting
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

A lot of business will never be the same as before CORONAVIRUS. Airports, Restaurants, Live Music, and really anything that involves a large gathering of people. I suppose eventually things could get closer to Pre-COVID, but I think it will be a long, long time.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.