Man arrested for retail theft

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Usually not a news maker. Except the man arrested is a Peoria County Sheriff's Deputy.

There's a link below to the story
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Terrible. Shame on him. My cousin from Hanna City, Dan Polhemus, a Vietnam vet, was an honorable Peoria County cop for many years before he retired. His son is still a Peoria County cop. I have no love or respect for bad/dirty cops and I know my family doesn’t either.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Crime is crime, it should all be treated the same way. It shouldn't matter what your profession is. Theft is theft. Yes you would LIKE to think you could trust law enforcement a little more, but look at what politicians are doing. I think the more prestigious the job or higher salaries makes people feel like they have more freedom or rights.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:30 pm Crime is crime, it should all be treated the same way. It shouldn't matter what your profession is. Theft is theft. Yes you would LIKE to think you could trust law enforcement a little more, but look at what politicians are doing. I think the more prestigious the job or higher salaries makes people feel like they have more freedom or rights.
I agree and disagree. I think it should matter what your profession is if your profession is a position of public trust and you betray that trust you should be treated more harshly at sentencing. Your last sentence is dead on....absolute power corrupts absolutely.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. = DJT
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:16 pm Absolute power corrupts absolutely. = DJT
SMDH. Everything pivots to Trump.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:27 pm
CCubs wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:16 pm Absolute power corrupts absolutely. = DJT
SMDH. Everything pivots to Trump.
I know, it is really too bad isn't it. Usually the criminals are in the limelight more than the good guys.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

No, it's just getting old. I think everyone accepts it and sort of expects it in the political forum, but it seems we can't have a conversation about any topic in any forum without you or Plant chiming in with some nonsensical pivot to Trump. I fear for your mental well being when he wins another term.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Dont fear for me,.....I am in great physical and mental health. The only thing I am skeptical about is that you reply to every single post that I make. I have never had this much disdain for a human being that I have for Donnie Trump. He is a despicable human being that is putting our whole country in a dangerous position.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:07 pm Dont fear for me,.....I am in great physical and mental health. The only thing I am skeptical about is that you reply to every single post that I make. I have never had this much disdain for a human being that I have for Donnie Trump. He is a despicable human being that is putting our whole country in a dangerous position.
well at least now you can appreciate how many of us felt about Obama.