Scherer Mazda

Whit
Reactions:
Mood:

These worthless stains on society are only a small portion of the problems facing this city and many others. Their parents are the bigger portion..

Seven Juveniles Arrested
PPD Incident #20-14188
(Peoria, IL) – Monday, July 27, 2020 at approximately 10:45 pm, Peoria Police responded to Scherer Mazda, 2300 West Pioneer Parkway, regarding a business burglary. Upon arrival, officers checked the business and noted broken glass as the method of entry.
Officers were advised by a representative from the dealership that two vehicles were stolen.
Tuesday, July 28, 2020, at approximately 8:47 am, an officer in the area of Oregon and Montana Street observed one of the reported stolen vehicles. The driver of the vehicle attempted to evade the officer before eventually stopping. Three of the four suspects fled from the vehicle on foot while the fourth attempted to walk away but was quickly arrested.
After a brief foot chase, the three suspects who fled were apprehended without incident. All four suspects were transported to the Peoria Police Department Juvenile Criminal Investigations Division for interview purposes.
Later in the day, at approximately 1:42, pm, an officer in the area of the 3000 block of West Montana observed the second stolen vehicle as reported above. The officer initiated a traffic stop however the vehicle fled. Officers located the suspect vehicle a few minutes later driving in an alley. Once the vehicle came to a stop, the driver and two passengers exited the vehicle and began running. The driver was taken into custody without incident. After a foot pursuit the two passengers were also taken into custody. All three suspects were transported to the PPD Juvenile Criminal Investigations Division for interview purposes.
All seven juveniles arrested in this incident have previously been arrested in multiple other incidents involving stolen vehicles. The juveniles, five males and two females, range from 10 to 15 years of age. Due to their ages, no further information will be released.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Whit wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:08 pm These worthless stains on society are only a small portion of the problems facing this city and many others. Their parents are the bigger portion..

Seven Juveniles Arrested
PPD Incident #20-14188
(Peoria, IL) – Monday, July 27, 2020 at approximately 10:45 pm, Peoria Police responded to Scherer Mazda, 2300 West Pioneer Parkway, regarding a business burglary. Upon arrival, officers checked the business and noted broken glass as the method of entry.
Officers were advised by a representative from the dealership that two vehicles were stolen.
Tuesday, July 28, 2020, at approximately 8:47 am, an officer in the area of Oregon and Montana Street observed one of the reported stolen vehicles. The driver of the vehicle attempted to evade the officer before eventually stopping. Three of the four suspects fled from the vehicle on foot while the fourth attempted to walk away but was quickly arrested.
After a brief foot chase, the three suspects who fled were apprehended without incident. All four suspects were transported to the Peoria Police Department Juvenile Criminal Investigations Division for interview purposes.
Later in the day, at approximately 1:42, pm, an officer in the area of the 3000 block of West Montana observed the second stolen vehicle as reported above. The officer initiated a traffic stop however the vehicle fled. Officers located the suspect vehicle a few minutes later driving in an alley. Once the vehicle came to a stop, the driver and two passengers exited the vehicle and began running. The driver was taken into custody without incident. After a foot pursuit the two passengers were also taken into custody. All three suspects were transported to the PPD Juvenile Criminal Investigations Division for interview purposes.
All seven juveniles arrested in this incident have previously been arrested in multiple other incidents involving stolen vehicles. The juveniles, five males and two females, range from 10 to 15 years of age. Due to their ages, no further information will be released.
As usual I always wonder where the heck their parents are when these juveniles do evil things like this. When does it end? Maybe their parents should have to sit in Juvy overnight, too😝
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

As usual I always wonder where the heck their parents are when these juveniles do evil things like this. When does it end? Maybe their parents should have to sit in Juvy overnight, too😝

While I condemn any juvenile crimes, keep in mind about those wondering where the parents are: probably a single parent household working that 2nd PT job or FT job to stay off welfare and link. Because I have seen Conservatives criticize parents no matter what. Or, these juveniles have been recruited by gangs, and this was a test; or the suspects don't live with parents, but foster homes or other legal guardians. We'll never know.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:12 am As usual I always wonder where the heck their parents are when these juveniles do evil things like this. When does it end? Maybe their parents should have to sit in Juvy overnight, too😝

While I condemn any juvenile crimes, keep in mind about those wondering where the parents are: probably a single parent household working that 2nd PT job or FT job to stay off welfare and link. Because I have seen Conservatives criticize parents no matter what. Or, these juveniles have been recruited by gangs, and this was a test; or the suspects don't live with parents, but foster homes or other legal guardians. We'll never know.
The article stated that some of these juveniles have done this/been arrested for doing something like this before. Maybe they need a temporary change of scenery.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Because they are younger than 18 they are normally released to their guardians.
Bwiser
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:12 am As usual I always wonder where the heck their parents are when these juveniles do evil things like this. When does it end? Maybe their parents should have to sit in Juvy overnight, too😝

Or maybe their parents are attending the roving parties at 4 am! These juvies are repeat offenders!
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

So, they were all out past their city mandated curfew. Charge the guardians with contributing to the delinquency of a minor along with an accessory to all the charges. Apparently, the guardians didn't take it serious enough the first time they did this.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisMH:
Your points below are good ones. Thanks!

[/quote]
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Dennis: you make good points regarding many parents possibly working away from home with odd hours keeping them away from home to ensure their kids are keeping out of trouble. I should have thought about that. Thanks!
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

If they have a second or part time 2nd/3rd shift job, do you leave them alone at night to take care of themselves? I guess if they've proven themselves to be responsible and resourceful in a positive way. Does/did any one here leave their 10-15 year old children at home at night alone?