Coronavirus outbreak at Iowa pork plant was larger than state reported

LovelyRita
Reactions:

I bet we'll be hearing more stories like this....

"The agency announced on May 5 that the Tyson Foods pork processing plant in Columbus Junction had 221 infected employees,” reported Blake Montgomery. “But, Tyson managers had told state officials days before that 522 workers of the roughly 1,300 at the facility had tested positive, according to documents obtained by the Associated Press through an open records request. A dozen employees were already hospitalized, and two were dead.”

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 486961002/
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

from the article: The governor sent 1,100 testing kits to the county for testing during the two-week shutdown. The plant reopened April 20 with new safety measures, and Mickelson said the company isn't aware of any current infections there.

I think you are right, we will hear more stories like this. As the pandemic wanes too far in advance of the November elections, the media will begin to dig up historical information to push the necessary panic levels that their narrative dictates.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Republicans always give businesses the benefit of the doubt, it seems. I don't trust businesses to accurately report what's happening in their buildings voluntarily and suspect this practice (undercounting) continues to happen.

The GOP keeps trying to make this about November. I think that's awfully foolish.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:39 am Republicans always give businesses the benefit of the doubt, it seems. I don't trust businesses to accurately report what's happening in their buildings voluntarily and suspect this practice (undercounting) continues to happen.

The GOP keeps trying to make this about November. I think that's awfully foolish.
I'll have to re-read the article, but I thought the business reported the numbers they believed were accurate, which were higher than the numbers the state posted. How does that translate to republicans giving the business the benefit of the doubt? If this article is accurate, it was not the business that screwed the pooch, it was the state.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

It was an honest mistake? Doubtful. That's what I mean by giving the business the benefit of the doubt. They withheld/misrepresented the extent of infections to downplay the severity. I know you will disagree. No worries. You're a republican so I understand.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:48 am It was an honest mistake? Doubtful. That's what I mean by giving the business the benefit of the doubt. They withheld/misrepresented the extent of infections to downplay the severity. I know you will disagree. No worries. You're a republican so I understand.
Actually I"m more libertarian, but true I do vote for more republican candidates than I do democrats. Probably because there are not enough libertarian candidates available to vote for.