CAUTION! CONSTRUCTION AHEAD!

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

It's that time of year, when we all hit the roads, whether for vacation or even just errands around town. This Scenic Route journey showcases a few Central Illinois projects, both state and local, of roads, bridges, overpasses, and more. And how soon they are expected to be done.

This Video Guy and his wife taking a short summer break for trips to Eastern Illinois to enjoy our new baby granddaughter. See you soon!

Tazewell
Reactions:

Have you considered looking at the camera instead of the screen when filming yourself?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Interesting info, many of those roads (probably ALL of those roads) were desperately in need of repair so it's good to see the work being done.

Dennis (or anyone) do you know what the construction at IL-24 and Nofsinger Rd. in Washington is for and when it will be completed?

Also, which of the existing spans of the McCluggage bridge will be demolished after the new eastbound span opens? I'm guessing it would be the older of the two, but since I only arrived here ~20 years ago, not sure which one that is.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:48 am Interesting info, many of those roads (probably ALL of those roads) were desperately in need of repair so it's good to see the work being done.

Dennis (or anyone) do you know what the construction at IL-24 and Nofsinger Rd. in Washington is for and when it will be completed?

Also, which of the existing spans of the McCluggage bridge will be demolished after the new eastbound span opens? I'm guessing it would be the older of the two, but since I only arrived here ~20 years ago, not sure which one that is.
The Nofzinger Road realignment construction. was designed to make a straight forward intersection with US 24. Too many accidents at the current configuration. According to the Peoria Journal Star, it's estimated completion is Spring, 2025.

https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/local ... 881811007/

The McCluggage Bridge span that will be demolished is the current East Bound span. It's also the older span (don't think it's the original) of the current 2 open for traffic.

Thanks for asking!