Another shooting in Peoria

JustRight
Reactions:

Peoria (WEEK) - An early morning shooting has left two people injured.

Peoria Police responded to a shots spotter alert around 4:10 a.m. in the 2300 block of N. Knoxville.

Two males were later transported to a local hospital in a private vehicle with gunshot wounds to their legs.

Police Spokeswoman Amy Dotson says neither victim could provide information about what happened, nor any suspect information.
JustRight
Reactions:

And, another, in addition to those that resulted in a death (see other thread):
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... ged-house/
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I appreciate you posting these as I don’t always have time or inclination to keep up with local news. It’s nice to reaffirm my “avoid Peoria if at all possible” policy is still valid though.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I don't know how some people survive in such a scary, scary world.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
JustRight
Reactions:

@AV8R said:
“ It’s nice to reaffirm my “avoid Peoria if at all possible” policy is still valid though.“

Yup. I know I’m spending less time and money in Peoria these days. If I can’t get whatever I need closer to home, I order it online. Why waste the gas if the residents of Peoria aren’t concerned with making it a safer place to shop?
RPlant
Reactions:

I would say it depends on when, where and what you are shopping for.

If you are shopping for crystal meth at 1am on the southside, you certainly are placing yourself at higher risk than shopping for lumber at Home Depot at 1pm.

To believe that Chillicothe is crime free is just as much of a fallacy.

Police arrest man in sexual assault of Chillicothe woman
https://www.pjstar.com/article/20080604/News/306049820
Police arrested Gary W. Miller, 25, on Wednesday morning in Springfield. The man allegedly admitted his involvement in the abduction of the 37-year-old victim and her infant child Sunday night from the parking lot of Kroger in Chillicothe, according to a news release from the Peoria County Sheriff’s Department.

The keen eye of a local resident led police to arrest a Rome man Wednesday suspected in the abduction and sexual assault of a Chillicothe woman earlier this week.

Police arrested Gary W. Miller, 25, on Wednesday morning in Springfield. The man allegedly admitted his involvement in the abduction of the 37-year-old victim and her infant child Sunday night from the parking lot of Kroger in Chillicothe, according to a news release from the Peoria County Sheriff’s Department.

Deputies tracked Miller to Springfield after receiving a call from someone who saw a video released to the media showing the attacker in a nearby McDonald’s, said Sheriff Mike McCoy on Wednesday.

“That response is what led us to get the person off the streets,” said Chillicothe Police Chief Steve Mauer. “These people that helped us are people that were concerned about what happened in the community. They knew (the suspect) as a friend and wanted to get him help.”

Miller has been charged with unlawful restraint, aggravated kidnapping, criminal sexual assault and vehicular hijacking. He is in the county jail awaiting a court appearance scheduled for 3 p.m. Thursday.

The woman told police she was approached by her attacker about 10:30 p.m. He forced her into the car, drove to a rural Peoria County area and sexually assaulted her as her child was in the car. He then drove back to the parking lot by Kroger and left, allowing the woman to drive away in her vehicle.

“We feel we have a strong case,” McCoy said, adding the department collected several pieces of evidence that likely will enhance the prosecution. “We’re positive we have the right person.”

A search of Peoria County Circuit Court records shows Miller has several convictions, dating back to 1997 where he was adjudicated delinquent as a juvenile for theft. Since then, he has picked up eight misdemeanor convictions and one felony conviction.

In September 2007, he was sentenced to a year in the Peoria County Jail for domestic battery and resisting a peace officer. An additional six months was tacked onto that one year term for another conviction of escape stemming from his failure to report to serve a 90-day sentence on another misdemeanor charge.

It appears he was released from jail this spring, though an exact date was not available Wednesday night. Mauer said he is unemployed.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

A few subtle differences. Nobody was shot or killed, and there was a witness who could muster up a bit more information than “I didn’t see shit. F**k you pigs.”
JustRight
Reactions:

@RPlant
Wow, you must have been up all night digging for that!
Yes, it happened...TWELVE YEARS AGO.
RPlant
Reactions:

JustRight wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:49 am @RPlant
Wow, you must have been up all night digging for that!
Yes, it happened...TWELVE YEARS AGO.
It was mentioned at the old PDC when a similar attempted incident happened in East Peoria this past year. I also remember the story about the guy who was executed in his living room, south of town along IL Rt 29. That was around '99 / '00.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
JustRight
Reactions:

Back to CURRENT events:
TWELVE MORE shot this morning in Peoria!
Note the size of the crowd. I wonder how many were wearing masks?

PEORIA (HOI) -- Peoria Police are reporting 12 people have been shot on the Riverfront Sunday morning, but none are considered to have life-threatening injuries.
Officers responded to the incident at about 4:42 a.m. at the area of Water and Hamilton regarding an incident of several people being shot, Peoria Police Department spokesperson Amy Dotson said.
There was a large gathering of about 200 people.
Two victims were transported to an area hospital by ambulance, and 10 were transported by private vehicle, Dotson said.
Of the 12 victims, two are in serious condition with gunshot wounds to the neck, Dotson said.
There is no suspect information at this time and the investigation is ongoing, Dotson said.