Flood damage

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Well, we didn't have any in MH. A lot of flood stories being run on WMBD/WYZZ this morning. Amazing video of flood water on Bob Michel bridge. And folks still trying to drive through it. Reports that MH, other areas got 7 inches!!

We had a pull light chain go bad in our dryer utility room. During a slow rain period, I ventured to EP Lowe's. Saw lots of tree debris and flooding on RT 29 by Tractor Supply. (Same place they've had issues before, Even after some work on drainage).

Camp Street by Associated bank and the $3 car wash both blocked off due to flooding.
Made it to Lowe's, got new light base. Decided on Avantis Ham Cheese sandwiches for dinner. Managed to get on I74 East to Camp at exit. But W. Washington by EP High School blocked off, lots of standing water. Was able to turn off side road, go back behind the high school, come out on Rosedale.

After Avantis, took East Street up to Fondulac Drive, get back on Main Street by Walgreens. Driving home. Flood waters on RT 29 had receded, but lots of mud on road. Feeling sorry for folks and businesses that have flood damage.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Sucking water out of the carpeted area of my basement again this morning. When I bought my house, the east side wall leaked. Fixed that and it has held, but now the water has found a way to come up though the cracks in the floor. For how dry it has been, I wouldn't have thought that to happen. Got a lot of it up last night and ran three fans and two dehumidifiers. Going to run the carpet cleaner this morning as it seem to draw better than the wet-vac.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........