Winter Storm On New Year's

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

I'm sure everyone knows all about it. Just wish me and our reporter safe travels as we have to travel to Bloomington tomorrow to cover a Snowbird Golf Open tournament. Something that's been going on for 49 years.
$2 gets you out into the tournament, play on back nine at Highland Park. Tee off time is noon, but Clubhouse opens at 9 am. And players don't have to keep score.

I did email the organizer to make sure it's still on. Haven't heard back yet.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Be careful if you have to go. As I’m certain you know, the first snow of the season brings out all the idiots who still think they are driving on dry asphalt. You’ll see their cars sprinkled throughout the medians, ditches and fields.
I will never vote for Kamunism
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:46 pm Be careful if you have to go. As I’m certain you know, the first snow of the season brings out all the idiots who still think they are driving on dry asphalt. You’ll see their cars sprinkled throughout the medians, ditches and fields.
I thought Tuesday was the first snow of the season? We had over two inches.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:55 am
AV8R wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:46 pm Be careful if you have to go. As I’m certain you know, the first snow of the season brings out all the idiots who still think they are driving on dry asphalt. You’ll see their cars sprinkled throughout the medians, ditches and fields.
yes, you win again. I know how important it is for you to always be right, so you take a heartfelt message that someone be safe and turn it into a competition that you've created to show us how smart you are. Happy New Year. Nice new leaf you got there.

@DennisinPeoria please be safe in the SECOND snowfall of the season. I suppose those few flakes we got last week were technically the FIRST snowfall.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

No sweat, the Bloomington story is dead. Now covering the 2 overnight homicides and another shooting. Already ha e coroner lined up for interview, and 1 suspect has already been caught.
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:46 am
RPlant wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:55 am
yes, you win again. I know how important it is for you to always be right, so you take a heartfelt message that someone be safe and turn it into a competition that you've created to show us how smart you are. Happy New Year. Nice new leaf you got there.

@DennisinPeoria please be safe in the SECOND snowfall of the season. I suppose those few flakes we got last week were technically the FIRST snowfall.
A few flakes? It must hurt to be so constantly WRONG!

After Peoria's first snow of season (finally), another chance might come New Year's Day
https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topst ... =AASeEPh|4
Something happened Tuesday in Peoria for the first time since April 20: It snowed enough to measure.

But the beginning of 2022 might bring significantly more snow.

A person crosses W. Barker Avenue during a snowfall on Tuesday morning, Dec. 28, 2021.

A storm that began about dawn Tuesday dumped 2.4 inches of snow by noon at the Peoria international airport, according to the National Weather Service office in Lincoln. Total accumulation for the day was 2.7 inches.

It was the first measurable snowfall of the 2021-22 winter season in Peoria – the third-latest in recorded history. The original forecast for Tuesday suggested about 1 inch of snow might fall before precipitation turned to rain in the late morning.

"We knew that there could be higher reports in some areas," meteorologist Ryan Knutsvig said. "One of those higher reports was in the Peoria area."

'Dining in' the new year: Restaurant options for New Year's Eve in and around Peoria

Snowfall totals Tuesday in the Peoria area included 3.4 inches at Galva, 3.2 inches at Germantown Hills, 2.4 inches at Knoxville and at Roanoke, 2.1 inches at Yates City, 2 inches at Henry and 1½ inches at Creve Coeur.

#Resistance_is_futile
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

He lives in a web of lies.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
RPlant
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:15 am He lives in a web of lies.
No kidding, we can't even agree on what the recorded weather was in society anymore. I would have thought that Tuesday's morning commute was the reawakening of what driving in snow means.

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:32 am
CCubs wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:15 am He lives in a web of lies.
No kidding, we can't even agree on what the recorded weather was in society anymore. I would have thought that Tuesday's morning commute was the reawakening of what driving in snow means.
Good. That means nobody should leave the roadway today. Let’s see how that plays out.
Tazewell
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:46 am yes, you win again. I know how important it is for you to always be right, so you take a heartfelt message that someone be safe and turn it into a competition that you've created to show us how smart you are. Happy New Year. Nice new leaf you got there.

I don't know what his deal is. You concede that he is right, something he has never done, and he continues to argue with you.