Northwoods Mall transforming parking lot into free drive-in theater

Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

https://week.com/2020/06/17/northwoods- ... n-theater/

PEORIA (WEEK) -- Northwoods Mall is transforming their parking lot into a free, community drive-in theater to present family-friendly movies.
Starting Friday, June 19 and occurring Fridays and Saturdays (weather permitting), cars will be admitted starting at 8 p.m. with the movie beginning at 9 p.m.
The series, 'Free Cinema Under the Stars,' will run until July 11.
The movie lineup will begin with Instant Family and conclude with Transformers/Bumblebee.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I get it that Northwoods Mall is trying to "re-invent" the mall experience but I couldn't imagine sitting out in their parking lot watching a movie.
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

6/19- Instant Family

6/20- A League Of Their Own

6/26 - Grease

6/27- Goonies

7/3- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

7/4- Sonic The Hedgehog

7/10 Dirty Dancing

7/11- Transformers- Bumblebee
JustRight
Reactions:

Sounds like fun! Considering how blighted that area has been looking, this should be an improvement.
@cjsummers , did they change the line up? I thought I saw they would be showing ‘Jaws’ on July 4th. I’d love to see that on a big screen again! However, I understand if they chose to go with something less scary for kids.
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

@JustRight I took the list right off their ticketing website. This was the first I'd heard about it, so I don't know if they changed the lineup.
SNMehr
Reactions:

I remember when Landmark tried this and people were all like "that place is too dangerous". With all the fights, issues, etc. the mall has had, I wonder if this will plague them also?
JustRight
Reactions:

SNMehr wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:50 am I remember when Landmark tried this and people were all like "that place is too dangerous". With all the fights, issues, etc. the mall has had, I wonder if this will plague them also?
I hope not. Wasn’t the one at Landmark for profit?
The showings at the mall are free.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Interesting. There’s a drive in movie place going in off of Knoxville across from Junction City, too (West of). I saw that article online last week.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

born2race2win1954! wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:05 am Interesting. There’s a drive in movie place going in off of Knoxville across from Junction City, too (West of). I saw that article online last week.
Ya, I saw that. Not too far from where I live.
SNMehr
Reactions:

JustRight wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:59 am
SNMehr wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:50 am I remember when Landmark tried this and people were all like "that place is too dangerous". With all the fights, issues, etc. the mall has had, I wonder if this will plague them also?
I hope not. Wasn’t the one at Landmark for profit?
The showings at the mall are free.
Yes, it was for profit. But if the shenanigans that have plagued the mall over the last few years spills out to the free family movies, how will that effect the attendance even if it is free.