NYC closes down stretch of Fifth Avenue at Trump Tower to paint Black Lives Matter mural

LovelyRita
Reactions:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/nyc ... d_ms_fb_ma

The mayor of DC had a stroke of genius when she did this there...the president is gonna have a stroke of a whole other kind with this! 🤣
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Bwiser
Reactions:

Absolutely childish. How is this going to help the BLM movement.
Last edited by Bwiser on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

this should have been posted in the political forum
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

They are forgetting to put the word ALL in front of that mural, not just the ones that make national news because they were killed by a white policeman. #MekhiJameslifematteredtoo
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CNN's Don Lemon has clarified that the present BLM movement is NOT about all black lives, only those who were killed by law enforcement. He said if you care about the blacks being killed by other blacks that you are free to begin another movement, but not to conflate them with this very specific movement. At least he was honest for a change.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

So, in other words he (or whomever) hijacked the BLM name for their own cause instead of coming up with a NEW name for their NEW cause. Got it. Sounds like #bullshitsplatters
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
JustRight
Reactions:

It looks like the stunt isn’t as popular as assumed:
https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/de-blasio ... ump-tower/
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

I see it as a positive thing. The more time spent painting slogans on the street, the less time he has to send Covid patients into nursing homes.
JustRight
Reactions:

cjsummers wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:09 pm I see it as a positive thing. The more time spent painting slogans on the street, the less time he has to send Covid patients into nursing homes.
Not to defend de Blasio, but that was actually the decision of NY Governor Cuomo.
I’ve often said they call the wrong Cuomo brother “Fredo“. 😉
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

From the article, referring to douchebag deBlasio:
“This is what he is concerned about while the city burns. What an amateur politician.”

Classic line, full of truth.