Gun shop broken into

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... y-morning/

This is one reason more gun control will not necessarily work, I have to say.

As long as home gun owners don't keep their firearms locked up, and the bad guys know they're there, that's a potential problem.

As far as the gun shop break-in, I don't know how they could improve security for their business.

Keep in mind, I'm not anti 2nd Amendment. I just don't think the writers imagined homeowners having assault weapons or semiautomatics that can fire 100 bullets a minute. I've always favored CCW, heck even open carry, and homeowners owning a handgun for protection.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

The standard you cite seems a bit arbitrary. A revolver can fire close to 100 rounds per minute with a trained operator and a sufficient supply of speed loaders.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 pm The standard you cite seems a bit arbitrary. A revolver can fire close to 100 rounds per minute with a trained operator and a sufficient supply of speed loaders.
What you described should just be for police and military. Not your average home owner wanting to just protect their property.

Just my opinion.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:40 pm
AV8R wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 pm The standard you cite seems a bit arbitrary. A revolver can fire close to 100 rounds per minute with a trained operator and a sufficient supply of speed loaders.
What you described should just be for police and military. Not your average home owner wanting to just protect their property.

Just my opinion.
A revolver with a speed loader should only be for police and military?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Yes, why would a private citizen need a speed loader?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

To make sure my comment is not taken out of context, the police and military should have these speed loader revolvers, ALONG WITH whatever weapons are needed to stop the bad guys in their tracks, but also non-lethal weapons like rubber bullets and tasers for non-violent offenders.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

do either of you know what a speed loader is?

Oooooooooh. Scary!!
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:07 pm do either of you know what a speed loader is?

Oooooooooh. Scary!!
What is "A way for a standard revolver to fire a 100 rounds a minute"?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:07 pm do either of you know what a speed loader is?

Oooooooooh. Scary!!
Not scary to me. Looks like a regular 6 shooter, but then, you know a lot more about guns than I do. And that's meant as a compliment.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

A suspect in the burglary has been arrested.
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... -thursday/