NY Times article on Peoria

Gordo
Reactions:

The New York Times had an article about Peoria today.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/busi ... eoria.html
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Gordo wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am The New York Times had an article about Peoria today.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/busi ... eoria.html
Thanks for sharing. Sobering article
SNMehr
Reactions:

Chama St. Louis is correct concerning poor leadership in Peoria. But that takes place on many levels. St. Louis is a race baiter continually inferring everything wrong within the Peoria POC community is solely the white man's fault. Even POC disagree with her as mentioned in the article. Wrong person to interview about Peoria. The article focused mainly upon the negative. The NY Times failed by not interviewing local, successful black entrepreneurs to get their input and opinions on how they address race issues in Peoria.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

SNMehr wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:52 pm Chama St. Louis is correct concerning poor leadership in Peoria. But that takes place on many levels. St. Louis is a race baiter continually inferring everything wrong within the Peoria POC community is solely the white man's fault. Even POC disagree with her as mentioned in the article. Wrong person to interview about Peoria. The article focused mainly upon the negative. The NY Times failed by not interviewing local, successful black entrepreneurs to get their input and opinions on how they address race issues in Peoria.
Chama St louis has no business talking about poor leadership. She is toxic.
JustRight
Reactions:

I wish they had spoken with Harreld Webster of Triple Dipple’s. His bakery is in Chillicothe, but he sells his (awesome!) cheesecakes at Peoria Riverfront Market. He claims business is better than ever.
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

Interviewees:
  • Ashley Daily Stegall, Bremer Jewelry
  • Janet Davis, Janet's Just For You
  • Denise Moore, City Council member, 1st district
  • Chama St. Louis, mayoral candidate
  • Terrion Williamson, University of Minnesota professor; former South Side resident
  • Kelly Park, Kelly Beauty Supply
  • Travis Mohlenbrink, restaurateur
  • JoAnn Young, Young's Popcorn Heaven
  • Dollar General spokeswoman
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

I wonder if the NY Times has written a piece about all the record breaking gun violence, especially this last month, in Chicago? While we definitely have problems, I think we don't even begin to compare to the issues they have.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

I think it was a fairly balanced article. I think Chama needs to realize that the Looting and vandalism had nothing to do with Floyd, racism, or BLM. It had to do with taking advantage of the boiling point across America, and just stealing stuff. Peoria. It doesn't make a difference if the business was owned by Blacks or not...the terrorists locally and nationally don't care who owned the businesses, or if the businesses employed Blacks.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:28 am I think it was a fairly balanced article. I think Chama needs to realize that the Looting and vandalism had nothing to do with Floyd, racism, or BLM. It had to do with taking advantage of the boiling point across America, and just stealing stuff. Peoria. It doesn't make a difference if the business was owned by Blacks or not...the terrorists locally and nationally don't care who owned the businesses, or if the businesses employed Blacks.
Chama publicly stated that the vandalism that happened in Peoria Heights was the "right way" to start off a holiday. She is divisive and toxic.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

I'm sure glad there is a third choice for mayor this year. Ardis and St. Louis are as bad as Trump/Hillary (IMHO). Andres Diaz for mayor. https://www.diazformayor.com
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........