Christmas presents

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Has Covid changed how you are shopping and what you are buying for people this year?
I'm pretty much done Christmas shopping. Still working on ideas for mom. Her and dad don't want "things" as they got enough of those. Usually, they like gift cards to their favorite restaurants, etc., but they aren't going out to eat right now and not fond of the "to go" alternative. Having to be more creative. Dad got a new carburetor for his garden tiller.
Have wine made and am going to work on a summer sausage/Landjaeger blend this weekend for friends and co-workers. Wish I would have pressed myself a little harder and learned how to make cheese to go with this. (Actually, I could still get something resembling Provolone done.) For close friends, there is going to be some 35 day dry aged Certified Angus Beef Strip Steaks I've been working on.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:11 am Has Covid changed how you are shopping and what you are buying for people this year?
I'm pretty much done Christmas shopping. Still working on ideas for mom. Her and dad don't want "things" as they got enough of those. Usually, they like gift cards to their favorite restaurants, etc., but they aren't going out to eat right now and not fond of the "to go" alternative. Having to be more creative. Dad got a new carburetor for his garden tiller.
Have wine made and am going to work on a summer sausage/Landjaeger blend this weekend for friends and co-workers. Wish I would have pressed myself a little harder and learned how to make cheese to go with this. (Actually, I could still get something resembling Provolone done.) For close friends, there is going to be some 35 day dry aged Certified Angus Beef Strip Steaks I've been working on.
I need to move into the "close friends" category.
Tazewell
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:11 am Dad got a new carburetor for his garden tiller.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Two local businesses just made this list: Thirty-Thirty Coffee Co. and Triple Dipple’s Bakery. Triple Dipple’s is taking special orders now for their delicious cheesecakes and other desserts. https://www.enjoyillinois.com/illinois- ... vj7TIRxMMk

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

So far, we've had to order some things online because they're not in the stores. Or, at least the websites say that. My wife has been able to pick up an outfit, and a puzzle for grandson. A Shopping cart toy had to be ordered, picked up at local retailer. For our daughters and son in laws, can't take them clothes shopping because you can't try on. So might have to give them gift cards. Younger SIL prefers Amazon anyway, as nearest retail centers are 45 minutes away. But we will be able to get 2021 calendars for all at Northwoods Mall.

Not only do we have Christmas, but also grandson's b-day, and wife and older daughter's b-day to buy for.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RambleOn
Reactions:

I don't Christmas shop. I send the kids & grandkids $$$$ and let them get what they need or want.
Above all, be kind!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Sunday afternoon, wife and I hit Target, Kohl's, JCPENNEY, and Barnes & Noble. We were able to get books for the grandson, and some items for wife at Kohl's. While Target's website showed a Christmas CD in stock, it wasn't there, and not a tag on shelf for it. Ended up ordering from Amazon. The Calendar store had both SIL's calendars, but a Google search for a Winnie the Pooh calendars went nowhere, unless you want to pay $30 or $57 for one. (Not Disney website either). For younger daughter, wife had to order her calendar online. Barnes & Noble showed they had a Spanish desktop calendar, so might head back there.

At least we finished up grandson's gifts for b-day and Christmas.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Two of our children and all of our grandchildren live down South in FL and VA, and one child lives here, so, everyone is getting a check for Christmas. Easy peasy.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!