A ‘messy’, ‘ugly’, and ‘joyful’ church Advent celebration

Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:17 pm Again, a LOCAL story. Religion might be as taboo as politics, but there isn't a religion forum - only LOCAL NEWS.
Have it your way.

Are you going to refute any of Sproul's points, or will you continue to deflect?
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:31 pm
RPlant wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:17 pm Again, a LOCAL story. Religion might be as taboo as politics, but there isn't a religion forum - only LOCAL NEWS.
Have it your way.

Are you going to refute any of Sproul's points, or will you continue to deflect?
Sorry, really don't care about RC Sproul's viewpoint (deceased since 2017) in Pittsburg, PA.

The OP was about Associate Pastor Penny Cost in Bloomington, IL, a LOCAL news story.

Could you maybe, just maybe try to stay relevant and on topic?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:59 pm
Tazewell wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:31 pm Have it your way.

Sorry, really don't care about RC Sproul's viewpoint (deceased since 2017) in Pittsburg, PA.

The OP was about Associate Pastor Penny Cost in Bloomington, IL, a LOCAL news story.

If it was irrelevant and off topic, then why did you argue with me for 4 pages? Just admit you can't refute anything he said and move on.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:02 pm
Tazewell wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:31 pm Have it your way.

If it was irrelevant and off topic, then why did you argue with me for 4 pages? Just admit you can't refute anything he said and move on.
The ranting of a now dead guy? Yeah, I'm on it - NOT.

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:05 pm

This guy's still alive. Let me know when you can refute even one point.

https://www.gty.org/library/topical-ser ... atholicism
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:09 pm

Really? The guy in the video sure looks like this bio.

R. C. Sproul
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._C._Sproul
Lived: Feb 13, 1939 - Dec 14, 2017 (age 78) · Pittsburgh, PA

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:27 am

R. C. Sproul
In your haste to prove me wrong, did you not see the link in my post? It is a link to Grace To You, a ministry of John MacArthur. He is very much alive, and is actually also in the original video I posted.

Also, in your world, does a person have to be alive in order for you to refute their ideas? I can't quote Paul, Peter, John, James, Luther, Calvin, or Spurgeon to you?
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 am
RPlant wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:27 am

R. C. Sproul
In your haste to prove me wrong, did you not see the link in my post? It is a link to Grace To You, a ministry of John MacArthur. He is very much alive, and is actually also in the original video I posted.

Also, in your world, does a person have to be alive in order for you to refute their ideas? I can't quote Paul, Peter, John, James, Luther, Calvin, or Spurgeon to you?
Talk about backpedaling.

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:02 am
Tazewell wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 am In your haste to prove me wrong, did you not see the link in my post? It is a link to Grace To You, a ministry of John MacArthur. He is very much alive, and is actually also in the original video I posted.

Talk about backpedaling.
The only backpedaling being done is by you. I made the statement that Roman Catholicism is a counterfeit version of Christianity. I posted sources to back up that statement. Instead of refuting my statement, you keep talking about tithing and the death of one of my sources. Do you have even one refutation?
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:57 pm
RPlant wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:02 am
Tazewell wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 am In your haste to prove me wrong, did you not see the link in my post? It is a link to Grace To You, a ministry of John MacArthur. He is very much alive, and is actually also in the original video I posted.

Talk about backpedaling.
The only backpedaling being done is by you. I made the statement that Roman Catholicism is a counterfeit version of Christianity. I posted sources to back up that statement. Instead of refuting my statement, you keep talking about tithing and the death of one of my sources. Do you have even one refutation?
You mean arguments from a dead crank. Take it up with the Pope.

#Resistance_is_futile