It is no Accident...

SNMehr
Reactions:

Pock wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:01 am
JustRight wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:36 am
leslie110 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:02 am Shame on me for forgetting...feel free to ignore my post’s because after this I will not respond to your posts.
Did you read “The Fine Print” for this forum?
Line one: “ Disclaimer: This is the internet. You will be offended.”
You forgot the rest of it..

The keyboard warriors will be here in en masse. This is to be expected. Use the "Friend or Foe" tools to limited your exposure to these people.

:)
And just who are "these people"?
SNMehr
Reactions:

bgbird68 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:09 pm
JustRight wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:57 pm
SNMehr wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:31 pm "Privilege is having history rewritten so that you don’t have to acknowledge uncomfortable facts.".

Tell that to the descendants of 6.5 million Jews and the handful of survivors of places like Auschwitz, which still stands.
YES!

Is this in reference to Holocaust deniers?
Holocaust deniers are a whole new level of ignorant.
One reason Auschwitz still stands is because Germany has contributed nearly 100 million dollars to help preserve it. In this case privilege is preserving a history of which they are not proud. Those in favor, including some Jewish organizations, claim it is so that no one will ever forget the unspeakable atrocities that were committed. There are people who are not in favor of this as it acts as a painful reminder to relatives, survivors, and their descendants. So while statues of Hitler do not exist, Auschwitz does. Do we need Auschwitz as a reminder? Will the evils of Nazi Germany be forgotten if it is removed? If it is removed, will Germany then be accused of using its privilege to hide the past? Who is right here? It is obvious that Rashmi Ali is talking about white elitists trying to ease their consciences over slavery. He is correct; it should be preserved and explored and not an asterisk in history textbooks. We are removing statues. There are calls to change names of schools and other places named after Confederate leaders. There have been marches to sandblast Lee, Jackson, and Davis off Stone Mountain. But are removing these things also removing reminders of a hateful past that we do not want to repeat? Do we need an Auschwitz?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

SNMehr wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 pm
Pock wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:01 am
JustRight wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:36 am

Did you read “The Fine Print” for this forum?
Line one: “ Disclaimer: This is the internet. You will be offended.”
You forgot the rest of it..

The keyboard warriors will be here in en masse. This is to be expected. Use the "Friend or Foe" tools to limited your exposure to these people.

:)
And just who are "these people"?
Your foes :p
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

If they ever try to take Richard Pryor’s statue away, I will protest. Now he was certainly someone who had flaws, but, he made me laugh and I luved him. And, in Hollywood they all knew he was from Peoria. I’ve talked to his son Richard Pryor, Jr. before. I wonder if he still lives in Peoria? Jr. used to do an act as a female entertainer at some club in Peoria a few years ago.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

born2race2win1954! wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:16 pm If they ever try to take Richard Pryor’s statue away, I will protest. Now he was certainly someone who had flaws, but, he made me laugh and I luved him. And, in Hollywood they all knew he was from Peoria. I’ve talked to his son Richard Pryor, Jr. before. I wonder if he still lives in Peoria? Jr. used to do an act as a female entertainer at some club in Peoria a few years ago.
Jr grew up in Peoria Heights. He lives in Chicago now.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Pock, thanks for the update on Richard Pryor, Jr.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

:D