Civic Center

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... -pandemic/

"A civic center in central Illinois is seeking about $4 million to keep afloat during the coronavirus pandemic that’s caused the facility to lay off staff and lose money. "
Let me correct that for them: A civic center in central Illinois is seeking about $4 million to keep afloat during the coronavirus pandemic that’s caused the facility to lay off staff and CONTINUE to lose EVEN MORE money.

Where do they think the city council is going to come up with close to $4 million?
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
RPlant
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:20 pm https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... -pandemic/

"A civic center in central Illinois is seeking about $4 million to keep afloat during the coronavirus pandemic that’s caused the facility to lay off staff and lose money. "
Let me correct that for them: A civic center in central Illinois is seeking about $4 million to keep afloat during the coronavirus pandemic that’s caused the facility to lay off staff and CONTINUE to lose EVEN MORE money.

Where do they think the city council is going to come up with close to $4 million?
I think they still have a loan on the last expansion.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:35 pm
kevwr1962 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:20 pm https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... -pandemic/

I think they still have a loan on the last expansion.
That could very well be. I thought that is why the HRA was tax was extended and increased.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Well, looks like the COP found blood in a turnip. Last night they voted to loan the PCC $4 million dollars. A couple of council members were concerned considering they voted to close 2 fire stations recently.

So if this is a loan, how will the PCC pay it back, when the entertainment/sports industry is suffering, and might still be suffering for the next year or so?
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
NoTime
Reactions:
Mood:

https://www.1470wmbd.com/2020/09/22/peo ... 4-million/

It looks like they expect the HRA tax to pay the bond, or at least a federal bailout.
Cornstar
The Oracle
Reactions:

Close that building down and sell it to a private firm that will either survive or die. If they fail it would make a nice addition to the Cult down the street.
NO LIVES MATTER
RPlant
Reactions:

Cornstar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 pm Close that building down and sell it to a private firm that will either survive or die. If they fail it would make a nice addition to the Cult down the street.
Cult? You'll have to narrow that down. Peoria Rescue Ministries, Caterpillar or Swingers World?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Cornstar
The Oracle
Reactions:

Riverside
NO LIVES MATTER
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

$4 million for the Civic Center; $0 to keep fire departments open. Priorities.
EastBluffCynic
Reactions:

Question:
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere -- what is this huge amount of money going towards in a building that's not being used?

I can understand a maintenance staff keeping an eye on things, watching for plumbing leaks, security issues, and maybe doing deep cleaning, landscaping and such. But where are these millions of dollars being spent?