Another shooting in Peoria

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

JustRight wrote: ↑Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:51 am Back to CURRENT events:
TWELVE MORE shot this morning in Peoria!
Note the size of the crowd. I wonder how many were wearing masks?

PEORIA (HOI) -- Peoria Police are reporting 12 people have been shot on the Riverfront Sunday morning, but none are considered to have life-threatening injuries.
Officers responded to the incident at about 4:42 a.m. at the area of Water and Hamilton regarding an incident of several people being shot, Peoria Police Department spokesperson Amy Dotson said.
There was a large gathering of about 200 people.
Two victims were transported to an area hospital by ambulance, and 10 were transported by private vehicle, Dotson said.
Of the 12 victims, two are in serious condition with gunshot wounds to the neck, Dotson said.
There is no suspect information at this time and the investigation is ongoing, Dotson said.
I love reading the comments on local news site's FB pages. People were wondering why there wasn't a police presence and why didn't the police break up the crowd. But we are supposed to defund and fuck the police. So which do we want? Maybe we should have sent in social workers, counselors, psychologists, conflict de-escalators and dozen grandmas with Krispie Kreme doughnuts to work through these youths' conflicts, help understand each other and have Mayor Ardis and Chama St. Louis hand in hand leading a rousing rendition of Barney's "I Love You, You Love Me".
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Why didn't the police break this crowd up before it got out of hand? I've heard that the police were down there all night watching everyone drinking and smoking. What did they think would happen? Maybe police need to be proactive instead of reactive. There were over a hundred people down there at 4am....they didn't just show up. It's almost like the Peoria cops WANT the violence. It fits the narrative.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
RPlant
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:38 pm Why didn't the police break this crowd up before it got out of hand? I've heard that the police were down there all night watching everyone drinking and smoking. What did they think would happen? Maybe police need to be proactive instead of reactive. There were over a hundred people down there at 4am....they didn't just show up. It's almost like the Peoria cops WANT the violence. It fits the narrative.
ABSOLUTELY! 200 gathered people would be greater than the maximum group of 50 allowed in Phase 4. Peoria PD had no reason to sit on their thumbs waiting for this to happen.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
JustRight
Reactions:

Have you watched the video? Make sure your sound is on:

www.facebook.com/100007763591470/posts/ ... 770673650/
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Again. Why was the crowd allowed to grow that large at 4am?
JustRight
Reactions:

@RPlant said
β€œI also remember the story about the guy who was executed in his living room, south of town along IL Rt 29. That was around '99 / '00.β€œ

Hmmm...20 years ago? Are you talking about the one on Mossville Rd.? That’s closer to Peoria than to Chillicothe.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: ↑Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:57 pm
LovelyRita wrote: ↑Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:38 pm Why didn't the police break this crowd up before it got out of hand? I've heard that the police were down there all night watching everyone drinking and smoking. What did they think would happen? Maybe police need to be proactive instead of reactive. There were over a hundred people down there at 4am....they didn't just show up. It's almost like the Peoria cops WANT the violence. It fits the narrative.
ABSOLUTELY! 200 gathered people would be greater than the maximum group of 50 allowed in Phase 4. Peoria PD had no reason to sit on their thumbs waiting for this to happen.
You two have to be joking, right? If the police tried to break this up, what do you think would have happened? People would have been pissed off and refused because, I'm sure, according to them, they were doing nothing wrong. Do you think they would have left because the police asked them too? I'm sure they'd be screaming harassment. How many police would it have taken? The whole force on duty at the time? More? And if they used force/pepper balls, etc. you know the public outcry would have been great. Hear all the gunshots in that video? What if these shooters retaliated against the police? Then the police fire back. How many innocent lives get bullets in them then? On one of the news sites FB page, a woman claims her daughter goes to these all the time as they move around the city. She left before this occurred. From what I've read the only bad that happens is the garbage left behind. So what would be the probable cause the police would use to break this up? Violating the facemask "law". Look at the video and you see at least two people wearing them.. Assembly without a permit? Going to arrest everyone there for that because there probably wasn't a single organizer? Going forward if the PPD is going to break this up, they are going to need help from the county and state to ensure everything is done on the up and up so there is no question they are following procedure.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

And in 3..........2.............1.............
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Why didn’t the police break it up? You’re fucking kidding, right? Look what happened to the officers that tried to arrest a drunk driver in Atlanta. They are sitting in jail on murder charges.

Break it up. Good one!!
LovelyRita
Reactions:

If local law enforcement isn't able to keep a group from growing to 200 over a 6 hour period, we need new law enforcement professionals.