Way Back Music Machine

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Last week, just finished my list of Favorites Through the Ages (yeah, took about 2 months)

Now going in the way back machine to the 50's and 60's, including performers with hit records before I was even born.
Music from Chuck Berry, Bill Haley & the Comets, Sam Cooke, Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Jan & Dean, "Bus Stop" by the Hollies, The Byrds, and many more.

Can't say what influences me to listen to these golden oldies, but do remember hearing some of them growing up in the early 60's.

What's your favorites from these two decades other than the British Invasion?
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Luv your list. Since I’m a female, I’m going to list some females who have added a spark to music back then and more: Petulia Clark, The Supremes, Stevie Nicks, Janis Joplin, Pat Benatar, and even Barbra Streisand. There are many more females who have contributed to the world of music.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
RPlant
Reactions:

The San Francisco scene encompassed a ton of bands, Obviously Jefferson Airplane, Janis and the Grateful Dead, but I also recently started listening to Quick Silver Messenger Service and Moby Grape.

You also have a large folk scene at the beginning of that decade, Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, ...
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

You can never go wrong with MOTOWN or SOUL music. And this is coming from a (huge) BLUES fan.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Whit
Reactions:
Mood:

Never forget Elvis!
RPlant
Reactions:

If your store ain't got Mojo Nixon, it needs some fixin'!

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile