Vacation options

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

A very good question for many people who have time off coming up.

Wife is one of those who has a vacation coming up in July. We'd like to go somewhere, perhaps 4 days including the weekend. (I'd take unpaid time off). It would be a road trip, but many states reporting an increase in COVID cases.

Our Springfield daughter, husband, and grandson just got back yesterday from a week at an ocean townhouse in North Carolina visiting with his sister and his parents. They said they didn't go anywhere where there were huge crowds. Still, with NC experiencing a rise in cases, they both got tested yesterday afternoon, even got results back already last night as negative.

My wife and I usually attend a Cubs game for a trip. Obviously, that out. We looked at Gatlinburg, as her general manager just got back from there. But I'm seeing Tennessee as another rising COVID state. Guess we'd be better off going somewhere in Illinois.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

I think you would be fine if you went on vacation to a less populated area and did a lot of outdoor activities but that may be hard to find over a weekend.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

My daughter asked to see the ocean. I want to go to the west coast so bad! Maybe 2021..
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

My initial thought was Six Flags over St. Louis. But realize lines may be longer for rides since not as many people are being allowed at a time to ride.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:24 am My initial thought was Six Flags over St. Louis. But realize lines may be longer for rides since not as many people are being allowed at a time to ride.
I would do this on a Monday to avoid lines/people.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Joepyeweed
Reactions:
Mood:

I would not go anywhere where there are crowds of people right now.

Go camping, hiking, or fishing - outdoor activities with minimal exposure to people.

I would go north to get a break from the heat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bay_State_Park

https://townofrussell.org/wp-content/up ... df-ver.pdf
JustRight
Reactions:

Pock wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:57 am My daughter asked to see the ocean. I want to go to the west coast so bad! Maybe 2021..
If you’re going to California, I recommend Monterey/Pacifica. Be sure to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium!
But, if your daughter wants to swim in an ocean, go to the East Coast, particularly New Jersey. Island Beach State Park is as perfect as it gets.
JustRight
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:24 am My initial thought was Six Flags over St. Louis. But realize lines may be longer for rides since not as many people are being allowed at a time to ride.
We’ve been thinking about going to Hannibal, MO. It’s been years since we’ve been there, but the Mark Twain sites were fun to visit.
Lake Lady
Reactions:

Galina, Illinois
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Lake Lady wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:06 pm Galina, Illinois
I've never been but I've heard stories. It's on my to-do list