One good thing about 2020

Bwiser
Reactions:

We didn't have any Japanese beetles this year.
RambleOn
Reactions:

On the down-side, there are plenty of mosquitoes and crickets.
Above all, be kind!
Bwiser
Reactions:

RambleOn wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:56 am On the down-side, there are plenty of mosquitoes and crickets.
And those damn stink bugs, or whatever they are, are back in full force. We haven't noticed
many mosquitoes though.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Bwiser wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:04 pm
RambleOn wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:56 am On the down-side, there are plenty of mosquitoes and crickets.
And those damn stink bugs, or whatever they are, are back in full force. We haven't noticed
many mosquitoes though.
The brown marmorated stink bug. They look for tiny cracks by which to enter a building and overwinter, typically hibernating but they may remain active due to the warmth of the house. According to my exterminator, they are harmless to both humans and pets, other than a nuisance. The best way to get them out of your house is to prevent them from entering in the fall with an application of insecticide to the home's exterior. The ones already in the house can be vacuumed up once they're dead.

Haven't had any inside since the first year I reported them to the exterminator and he began spraying for them.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Yep, very few Japanese beetles this year. Mosquitoes were nasty but not too bad of late. Was at a cookout last night and the stink bugs were terrible but have seen very few here. Have sat outside the last few evenings and haven't been bothered much by flying things.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........