Rainwater garden

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Who has one of these, or may like to have one of these? I saw this pic on my FB

F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I don't but I like it...
JustRight
Reactions:

What a great idea! Cucumbers and watermelons would grow especially well in such a garden, as they like a lot ofwater.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 pm Who has one of these, or may like to have one of these? I saw this pic on my FB

That is pretty cool and love the idea, but you'd have nothing left after the rain we had on Memorial Day. Hopefully, that gutter could be diverted to rain Barrel for drier days!
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:26 am
DennisinMH wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 pm Who has one of these, or may like to have one of these? I saw this pic on my FB

That is pretty cool and love the idea, but you'd have nothing left after the rain we had on Memorial Day. Hopefully, that gutter could be diverted to rain Barrel for drier days!
Next year I'm going to have a proper planned garden. I am going to try and incorporate this idea into it
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

My husband already does something like this that routes the rainwater to our small garden. He grows our red and green peppers on stakes to keep the rabbits and other critters from getting to them. The peppers are always beautiful.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
Joepyeweed
Reactions:
Mood:

I have a rain garden, but my yard is too shady for veggies. So just shade tolerant native flowers in our rain garden.
RambleOn
Reactions:

I still want this!
Above all, be kind!