Recent Shootings

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Mayor Rita Ali has spoken out on the shooting from last night. She spoke to reporters after an unrelated event at the Peoria Riverfront Museum. Here is a link:

https://www.wcbu.org/local-news/2023-08 ... -injures-6

WMBD news (as well as WMBD 1470 and 25 News) will have more reactions from her, other officials and community leaders later today.

Something definitely is going on in the South End, as there was a shooting near Antoinette and Madison Park, and a homicide on Helen. To me, it smells like an all-out gang war, or a huge family feud with revenge and retaliation going on. But police and investigators never reveal that because it's an ongoing investigation. @AV8R, is that last sentence pretty much true, based on your experiences?
Tazewell
Reactions:

More meaningless word salad from Rita.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:54 am But police and investigators never reveal that because it's an ongoing investigation. @AV8R, is that last sentence pretty much true, based on your experiences?
yes
Toldyouso
Reactions:

I hope they are successful.

Prosecutors seek to try 14-year-old as an adult for Aug. 22 deadly shooting
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... olice-say/
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:45 pm I hope they are successful.

Prosecutors seek to try 14-year-old as an adult for Aug. 22 deadly shooting
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... olice-say/
Based on the Press release from Hoos's office (much of it is in this story); if the juvenile felt he needed to hang around with bad influences because of lack of home support (not confirmed): if he decided to get a gun from who knows where; was told to, or decided to target the victim: found the victim, and fired 3 of the shots directly to the head execution style...not caring what time of day or other bystanders were around:

My opinion is he acted like he was an adult in all this, therefore he should be tried as an adult.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — One man is in the hospital following a shooting in Peoria, making him the fifth gunshot victim in a remarkably violent 24 hours from the East Bluff to the West Bluff.

Peoria police responded to Pierson Hill Apartments on North Great Oak Road just after 10:30 p.m. Sunday night. When they arrived they found a man with an apparent gunshot wound.

The severity of the victim’s injuries are not yet known. Police also don’t have any suspect information.

[*]In addition to the five male gunshot victims in the past 24 hours, a woman was also stabbed to death in that timeframe. All incidents are under investigation by Peoria Police.