Why is 25 News posting this story?

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

It's on their website, posted by Gray News staff. Gray News owns WEEK-TV 25.

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/08/20/st ... ities-say/

But I'm not going to call it "Fear Mongering". They're just reporting the news, not advocating for people wanting to put out Pride Flags.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:41 pm It's on their website, posted by Gray News staff. Gray News owns WEEK-TV 25.

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/08/20/st ... ities-say/

But I'm not going to call it "Fear Mongering". They're just reporting the news, not advocating for people wanting to put out Pride Flags.
This explains some things, such as why WEEK frequently posts non-local “news” stories.
However, Gray is based in Atlanta, GA and doesn’t own ANY stations in California. Odd that they would pick this particular crime, committed in California, and broadcast it nationwide. Why was this crime deemed more newsworthy than recent murders in Chicago, Atlanta, New York, or Washington, D.C.?
I’m not trying to put you on the spot, @DennisinPeoria.
I’m just generally puzzled at how random “news” stories are chosen to be aired nationally. I doubt this particular story is relevant to the majority of people in Peoria, IL, or any of Gray’s markets, for that matter.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

@Toldyouso
I tend to agree, however, there's another thread that targets another Peoria local TV station, that someone else on WAP criticizes when it posts the same kind of news stories from around the country. I could have posted this link there, but it would have been labeled "whataboutism".
Hence, the thread here. And the other station simply used Associate Press sources, one that both local TV stations use for national news. Yet, the other station is considered Liberally biased.

Just saying.
Tazewell
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:09 pm
I’m not trying to put you on the spot, @DennisinPeoria.
I’m just generally puzzled at how random “news” stories are chosen to be aired nationally. I doubt this particular story is relevant to the majority of people in Peoria, IL, or any of Gray’s markets, for that matter.
Just like with WMBD, a narrative is being pushed. That narrative is that homosexuals and their supporters are being targeted by angry Conservatives and Christians. Nothing could be further from the truth. Shame on anyone involved in spreading these lies.