No reason to go hungry

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Latest journey on "The Scenic Route", to local diners who are ready to fill your stomachs.

Toldyouso
Reactions:

Nicely done! Jubilee Cafe is one of my favorite local restaurants.
RPlant
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:22 am Nicely done! Jubilee Cafe is one of my favorite local restaurants.
Wow, how is this place still open? Chicken Fried Steak and an extra side of Covid, please.

Despite shut-down order and police visit, Jubilee Cafe remains open
https://www.pjstar.com/story/entertainm ... 114304634/
Threats of fines and other punishments have not prevented Jerry Weaver from keeping open for interior dining his Kickapoo restaurant.

Ultimately, it might be up to the Illinois State Police to change that situation.

“We’re kind of having a peaceful protest inside eating,” the Jubilee Cafe owner said Tuesday morning.

The longstanding, home-style restaurant at Interstate 74 and Kickapoo-Edwards Road reopened for indoor patronage May 29. The reopening was in defiance of Gov. JB Pritzker’s coronavirus-related order for restaurants to remain closed, other than for carry-out or outdoor dining.

Last week, Weaver received a cease-and-desist letter from the Peoria City/County Health Department. It was responding to several complaints, according to the letter.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:34 pm Wow, how is this place still open? Chicken Fried Steak and an extra side of Covid, please.
@DennisinPeoria, thoughts?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:34 pm
Toldyouso wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:22 am Nicely done! Jubilee Cafe is one of my favorite local restaurants.
Wow, how is this place still open? Chicken Fried Steak and an extra side of Covid, please.

Threats of fines and other punishments have not prevented Jerry Weaver from keeping open for interior dining his Kickapoo restaurant.

Ultimately, it might be up to the Illinois State Police to change that situation.

“We’re kind of having a peaceful protest inside eating,” the Jubilee Cafe owner said Tuesday morning.

The longstanding, home-style restaurant at Interstate 74 and Kickapoo-Edwards Road reopened for indoor patronage May 29. The reopening was in defiance of Gov. JB Pritzker’s coronavirus-related order for restaurants to remain closed, other than for carry-out or outdoor dining.

Last week, Weaver received a cease-and-desist letter from the Peoria City/County Health Department. It was responding to several complaints, according to the letter.
Yup…I joined that peaceful protest three years ago. I’ve been there several times since. The place was sparkling clean, and the food and service was as awesome as ever. Don’t forget the pie!
RPlant
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:23 pm

Yup…I joined that peaceful protest three years ago. I’ve been there several times since. The place was sparkling clean, and the food and service was as awesome as ever. Don’t forget the pie!
Mmm, willful ignorance of basic sanitation. I've been there once for coffee and pie years before the owner's "peaceful protest" embracing the adulterous, ambulance chasing Tom Devore to make a political grandstand. Jubilee Café, Pizza Ranch and Running Central can continue without my financial support due to their reckless actions during the worst of the pandemic. Curious how much money Devore duped them out of?

https://patabook.com/news/2022/09/12/go ... g-critics/
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:09 am Mmm, willful ignorance of basic sanitation. I've been there once for coffee and pie years before the owner's "peaceful protest" embracing the adulterous, ambulance chasing Tom Devore to make a political grandstand. Jubilee Café, Pizza Ranch and Running Central can continue without my financial support due to their reckless actions during the worst of the pandemic. Curious how much money Devore duped them out of?

I'm sure they won't miss the business from a Karen like you
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

With all due respect, why are we talking about a PJS article from 2020? If Weaver kept his place open during COVID restrictions, that's his problem. But those dine-in restrictions were lifted, starting partially, then totally when Phase 5 kicked in June 11, 2021. The two times I've been out there, (once for work, once more recently for my video hobby), the place has been clean, well kept, and the food and service very good.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:42 am
RPlant wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:09 am Mmm, willful ignorance of basic sanitation. I've been there once for coffee and pie years before the owner's "peaceful protest" embracing the adulterous, ambulance chasing Tom Devore to make a political grandstand. Jubilee Café, Pizza Ranch and Running Central can continue without my financial support due to their reckless actions during the worst of the pandemic. Curious how much money Devore duped them out of?

I'm sure they won't miss the business from a Karen like you
Or the 25 cent tip he probably left.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:20 am

With all due respect, why are we talking about a PJS article from 2020? If Weaver kept his place open during COVID restrictions, that's his problem. But those dine-in restrictions were lifted, starting partially, then totally when Phase 5 kicked in June 11, 2021. The two times I've been out there, (once for work, once more recently for my video hobby), the place has been clean, well kept, and the food and service very good.
Are you certain you weren’t just “willfully ignorant of basic sanitation” as was implied by the guy you give “due respect” to?

Hint: as a drive-by troll, he is due no respect.