Real Peoria News

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Those people you’re referring to are defending it because it’s run by a leftist. They didn’t defend it when Ardis was in office. Ones a complete phony and the other is his toady.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:44 pm
AV8R wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:24 pm What a great place to live!!
Also a great place to constantly defend, but not actually live there yourself. I will give RambleOn and ChefKevin credit. They actually live there and try to make it better.
I'm glad to hear that, how about challenging yourself to leave your comfy Conservative village/town/city, and go tell them in person? I'm sure they'd love to hear those words. I'm sure you already know RambleOn heads up a food pantry every Saturday morning at the [REMOVED BY MODERATOR]. Chef Kevin, a fellow Conservative, is on summer break so not sure how you'd get in touch with him if you're banned from PDC.
Last edited by WAPJoe on Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DOXXING
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:33 pm I'm glad to hear that, how about challenging yourself to leave your comfy Conservative village/town/city, and go tell them in person? I'm sure they'd love to hear those words. I'm sure you already know RambleOn heads up a food pantry every Saturday morning at the [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] Chef Kevin, a fellow Conservative, is on summer break so not sure how you'd get in touch with him if you're banned from PDC.
The point of my post obviously went right over your head. Again.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I find it hard to believe that someone who despises Peoria so much, allows it to consume so much of his time and effort. We know he doesn't live there, and he claims to avoid going there at all costs. But yet he constantly complains about everything about Peoria. I find that to be very odd and peculiar behavior. Weird.
I hear that parts of Memphis are really bad. But I don't live there, no real desire to go there, don't know anyone there, SO, I don't get worked up over it. The same goes for numerous cities around the USA.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Tazewell
Reactions:

After a good start, this event became a joke years ago. Probably at least some taxpayer dollars will be saved now.

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/07/12/20 ... -canceled/
WAPJoe
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:57 pm I find it hard to believe that someone who despises Peoria so much, allows it to consume so much of his time and effort. We know he doesn't live there, and he claims to avoid going there at all costs. But yet he constantly complains about everything about Peoria. I find that to be very odd and peculiar behavior. Weird.
I hear that parts of Memphis are really bad. But I don't live there, no real desire to go there, don't know anyone there, SO, I don't get worked up over it. The same goes for numerous cities around the USA.
This is the We Are Peoria COMMUNITY forum. Residing in the city limits of Peoria is not required to join or to post.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

WAPJoe wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:31 am
CCubs wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:57 pm I find it hard to believe that someone who despises Peoria so much, allows it to consume so much of his time and effort. We know he doesn't live there, and he claims to avoid going there at all costs. But yet he constantly complains about everything about Peoria. I find that to be very odd and peculiar behavior. Weird.
This is the We Are Peoria COMMUNITY forum. Residing in the city limits of Peoria is not required to join or to post.
I never said that he shouldn't be allowed to post here. I myself, like to take pride in Peoria, not continually condemn it, ridicule it, or make light of bad situations. It has been pointed out many times that most bigger cities have these same problems. No one should be happy with the amount of crime that occurs in Peoria on a regular basis. But the condemnation of Peoria on a Peoria website gets old. There are more people trying to make Peoria a better place, than there are people who hurt Peoria. Crime is rampant in the United States right now. We need healing, not condemnation. Proud to say that I am from Peoria,... still!
Tazewell
Reactions:

WAPJoe wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:31 am This is the We Are Peoria COMMUNITY forum.
Thank you.

What these people don't seem to understand is that what happens in Peoria affects the whole area. Also, Peoria gets an disproportional amount of state and federal tax dollars. That's my money. Why should I not get to talk about how it's spent? It's nothing but an attempt to stifle speech they don't like. Once again, none of the defenders actually live in Peoria. If they don't want me criticizing the city because I'm not a resident, then they need to stop defending it for the same reason.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

1. "These people"???
2. I have never asked for another poster to ever be banned or stifled. NEVER. Free speech for all.
3. Disproportional amounts? By whose standards?
4. People that actually live in Peoria (should) defend Peoria. Defending is far better than criticism.
5. Everyone and anyone can be a critic, we need problem solvers and awareness.
6. I don't understand why a person that lives in Peoria would not defend Peora.
7. There are a lot of residents of Peoria that know and understand the heritage of Peoria.
8. Hopefully Peoria can make a great comeback someday, I don't know if it will ever be what it once was. But we can certainly hope for improvement and a better all around city.
9. Crime, Infrastructure, Misuse of funding, Public schools, Job market are some of the problems that need solved. These same problems are abundant throughout the USA.
10. A person can help to be a part of the solution, or a person can sit back and criticize.
Tazewell
Reactions:

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/07/14/we ... ts-peoria/
2 weapons arrests, a ShotSpotter alert and an arson make up the list of significant events Thursday.

Peoria Police spokesperson Amy Dotson says that officers made a traffic stop in the 2900 block of North University.

Probable cause was established to search the vehicle, after speaking with the two people inside.

A defaced handgun and extended magazine was recovered.

The driver was arrested for possession of a weapon by a felon, defaced firearm and no FOID.

At around 4:52 a.m. Friday, officers were called to the 2800 block of West Ann for an eight-round ShotSpotter alert - then another alert for 10 rounds.

Officers reported the outside of an apartment hit by gunfire.

Officers made entry into the apartment to check for victims but none were found.

Shell casings were recovered.

Dotson also says a man was arrested after being named a person of interest in connection with a June homicide, and an arson that left a firefighter with minor injuries.