Real Peoria News

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Tazewell wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:53 am Peoria, land of the vape shop.

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/06/28/co ... ps-peoria/
You should probably get out more, Vape shops are everywhere. Your hatred of Peoria is showing again.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:30 am
Tazewell wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:53 am Peoria, land of the vape shop.

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/06/28/co ... ps-peoria/
You should probably get out more, Vape shops are everywhere. Your hatred of Peoria is showing again.
Where he lives, perhaps a very small, very Conservative rural town, they might have a Casey's and a Dollar General. And a place that has video gaming, which even Pekin has too many of. And probably no Vape shops. This guy who has told us to use Google should use Google maps and find out how many Vape shops there are in Tazewell County. Then complain about Peoria. He even avoids Pekin if he can.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:53 am Where he lives, perhaps a very small, very Conservative rural town, they might have a Casey's and a Dollar General. And a place that has video gaming, which even Pekin has too many of. And probably no Vape shops. This guy who has told us to use Google should use Google maps and find out how many Vape shops there are in Tazewell County. Then complain about Peoria. He even avoids Pekin if he can.
Almost all the vape shops in the area are in Peoria and East Peoria.

If you love Peoria so much, put your money where your mouth is and move there. You've had 40+ years to buy a house in Peoria, yet you remain in a "very small, very Conservative rural town".
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

There are things about Peoria that I love. There are also things about Peoria that I don't love. Born, raised, living in Pekin, now MH, the thought never crossed my mind about moving to Peoria. And with my mother in law getting older, it's best my wife remains within a 10 minute drive.

I'm sure you feel the same about why you prefer your town, just like everyone else here prefers where they live. And that's perfectly fine.

I just can't figure out your negative obsession with Peoria, if you never or very rarely go there. At least tell I'm wrong about how often you visit Peoria.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:43 am There are things about Peoria that I love. There are also things about Peoria that I don't love. Born, raised, living in Pekin, now MH, the thought never crossed my mind about moving to Peoria.
There are things you don't love about Peoria? I'm shocked. Be honest, the reason you never thought about moving to Peoria are the same things I point out. Failed school system, crime, poorly run government, etc.
DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:43 am I'm sure you feel the same about why you prefer your town, just like everyone else here prefers where they live. And that's perfectly fine.
Maybe I live in an unincorporated area? Did you ever think about that?
DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:43 am I just can't figure out your negative obsession with Peoria, if you never or very rarely go there. At least tell I'm wrong about how often you visit Peoria.
If I have a "negative obsession", does that mean you are also obsessed, since you constantly feel the need to defend a city you've never even thought of moving to? I have gone to Peoria hundreds of times, but only when I absolutely have to now. It's become unsafe for my family. I also don't like how my sales tax gets spent. It's funny that none of the Peoria defenders on this forum even live in Peoria. That's hypocritical in my opinion.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Tazewell wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:11 pm
DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:43 am There are things about Peoria that I love. There are also things about Peoria that I don't love. Born, raised, living in Pekin, now MH, the thought never crossed my mind about moving to Peoria.
There are things you don't love about Peoria? I'm shocked. Be honest, the reason you never thought about moving to Peoria are the same things I point out. Failed school system, crime, poorly run government, etc.
DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:43 am I'm sure you feel the same about why you prefer your town, just like everyone else here prefers where they live. And that's perfectly fine.
Maybe I live in an unincorporated area? Did you ever think about that?
DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:43 am I just can't figure out your negative obsession with Peoria, if you never or very rarely go there. At least tell I'm wrong about how often you visit Peoria.
If I have a "negative obsession", does that mean you are also obsessed, since you constantly feel the need to defend a city you've never even thought of moving to? I have gone to Peoria hundreds of times, but only when I absolutely have to now. It's become unsafe for my family. I also don't like how my sales tax gets spent. It's funny that none of the Peoria defenders on this forum even live in Peoria. That's hypocritical in my opinion.
There are some things that nobody likes about Peoria. Crime probably taking the top spot in most disliked thing about Peoria. But, like I said, it is in almost every city the size of Peoria or bigger.
Tazzy, you do have a weird obsession with making derogatory remarks about Peoria. It is not perfect by any means, but it is home to 112, 000 people, that take offense to those remarks. I can say with assurance that there are far more better people than bad in Peoria. Tazewell County is not a Shangra - La. What about the number of meth cases that come from Tazewell County?
You claim that Peoria wouldn't exist without the surrounding counties, but Peoria was incorporated first. Those surrounding communities followed. They followed so they could be close to Peoria.
Why shouldn't people defend Peoria? That is where they live, and they take pride in that. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Tazzy,... you continually rip the Mayor for crime in Peoria. But, I'll say it for the 500th time, (there is no easy answer). If there was, it would have been taken care of by now. The whole world has changed. Peoria IS NOT much different than any other Midwestern city of comparable size.
You continue to criticize Peoria regularly, but not very many people are listening to you, besides your two accomplices. It is close to an echo chamber. But for some VERY ODD reason you seem to get enjoyment out of it. Yep,.... that is definitely a negative obsession.
Last edited by CCubs on Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Update on Peoria’s 10th homicide of the year:
PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The city’s latest homicide stemmed from a botched robbery where the assailant thought he was stealing a real gun.

Instead, the weapon Tramier Pate, 23, thought he was taking from a 14-year-old boy was actually a toy, wrapped up in black tape.
It did have a real magazine attached to it but otherwise, it was not real, said Assistant State’s Attorney Terry Muench during Pate’s bond hearing.

Pate of the 3900 block of North Sheridan Road, faces at least 45 years and possibly up to life in prison if he’s convicted of the sole count of first-degree murder in connection with the death Monday night of 14-year-old Omarius Gates.

The teen was found dead in the 3100 block of North Molleck Drive. A preliminary autopsy indicated he was shot in the back. He was the city’s 10th homicide of the year.

Peoria County Judge Derek Asbury set a bond hearing on July 6 as Pate wanted to wait to hire an attorney to handle his bond. Until then, Pate will be held without bond pending that hearing.

The murder count was filed under the state’s “felony murder” provision which states that if someone is commits a forcible felony – in this case armed robbery – and a person dies, they can be charged with murder.

Assistant State’s Attorney Terry Muench said at about 10:16 p.m., officers were called to the area of West Richwoods Boulevard and North Molleck Drive on a report of a person shot in the leg. When they arrived, they found Gates in the 3100 block of Molleck.

He was unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene, the prosecutor said in open court.

A witness told police that Pate was the triggerman and that he was trying to rob Gates. When questioned by police, Pate first denied the shooting but later said he was trying to rob Gates of a handgun and his weapon accidentally went off.

Pate said he fled the scene on foot and then threw his handgun in the nearby woods. Muench said Gates’ “gun” was really a toy that had black tape wrapped around it. It did have a real extended magazine.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:43 am There are things about Peoria that I love. There are also things about Peoria that I don't love. Born, raised, living in Pekin, now MH, the thought never crossed my mind about moving to Peoria. And with my mother in law getting older, it's best my wife remains within a 10 minute drive.

I'm sure you feel the same about why you prefer your town, just like everyone else here prefers where they live. And that's perfectly fine.

I just can't figure out your negative obsession with Peoria, if you never or very rarely go there. At least tell I'm wrong about how often you visit Peoria.
you left out your short move to Kentucky
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Toldyouso wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:38 pm Update on Peoria’s 10th homicide of the year:
PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The city’s latest homicide stemmed from a botched robbery where the assailant thought he was stealing a real gun.

Instead, the weapon Tramier Pate, 23, thought he was taking from a 14-year-old boy was actually a toy, wrapped up in black tape.
It did have a real magazine attached to it but otherwise, it was not real, said Assistant State’s Attorney Terry Muench during Pate’s bond hearing.

Pate of the 3900 block of North Sheridan Road, faces at least 45 years and possibly up to life in prison if he’s convicted of the sole count of first-degree murder in connection with the death Monday night of 14-year-old Omarius Gates.

The teen was found dead in the 3100 block of North Molleck Drive. A preliminary autopsy indicated he was shot in the back. He was the city’s 10th homicide of the year.

Peoria County Judge Derek Asbury set a bond hearing on July 6 as Pate wanted to wait to hire an attorney to handle his bond. Until then, Pate will be held without bond pending that hearing.

The murder count was filed under the state’s “felony murder” provision which states that if someone is commits a forcible felony – in this case armed robbery – and a person dies, they can be charged with murder.

Assistant State’s Attorney Terry Muench said at about 10:16 p.m., officers were called to the area of West Richwoods Boulevard and North Molleck Drive on a report of a person shot in the leg. When they arrived, they found Gates in the 3100 block of Molleck.

He was unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene, the prosecutor said in open court.

A witness told police that Pate was the triggerman and that he was trying to rob Gates. When questioned by police, Pate first denied the shooting but later said he was trying to rob Gates of a handgun and his weapon accidentally went off.

Pate said he fled the scene on foot and then threw his handgun in the nearby woods. Muench said Gates’ “gun” was really a toy that had black tape wrapped around it. It did have a real extended magazine.
I've often said "never bring a knife to a gunfight." I guess now I can add "plastic gun" to that as well. Trying to look the part of a Peoria badass and it cost him his life. Truly sad.
Tazewell
Reactions:

I remember a day when most of the crime was isolated to the South Side

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/06/29/pe ... ime-spree/
Peoria Police say they took a man into custody, but not before leaving in his wake several damaged cars, including a police squad car, and minor injuries to one of the drivers.

The same man, according to police, was also in possession of a handgun.

Police spokesperson Semone Roth said officers were initially called about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday to the 4700 block of North Knoxville Avenue. She said a man got into a car and fled the area, striking several parked cars and a squad car.

He then allegedly drove into another vehicle at East Frye Avenue and North Peoria Avenue. That driver suffered minor injuries, according to police.

The suspect reportedly tried to run but was quickly taken into custody in the 300 block of East Nebraska Avenue.

Police also said they found a handgun in the man’s car.

The suspect’s name and other information about him were not available Wednesday evening.