Allergy medicines

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Claritin, Benedryl, Zyrtec, Allegra. What works best? (Generics of course)

I've been taking Claritin for months, 1 a day at night. Sometimes it seems to not help. Sometimes I take Zyrtec, but only on weekends because it makes me tired next morning. I've even taken Benedryl on top of having Claritin in my system.

Lately however, I've been experiencing dizzyness. Not bad enough for nausea and vomiting like I had back in 2015. That was diagnosed as Vertigo. I'm able to drive, but head still felt not normal. Wife thought I was having low blood sugars, or a side effect since one med dosage was increased recently. Diabetes doctor had me do extra blood testings, determined it wasn't diabetes related.
However, a nurse suggested Allegra. I took one last night, a 24-hour dose. And yet this morning, I'm always having my handkerchief at the ready. Yesterday, my nose was running like a faucet while wearing a mask at the deli. That's not good.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

My better half has allergies and gets NO relief from Claritin. She uses FloNase and it works well. Everyone is different. Hope you find one that works for you, allergies can be miserable, and right now it's always a guess,..is it allergies or is it the 'rona?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Definitely allergies. No other symptoms.

I've wondered for awhile if my allergy is not because of hay fever or grasses....but sudden changes in temperature, like from walking from outdoors to AC indoors. Seems I sneeze when that happens. But not always. And allergy tests are expensive.

Thanks for the tip about Flonase.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I use a couple of different sinus rinses. Sometimes they help and other times not so much, but it would be worth a try for you. One is a ( Nettie Pot ) and the other is a nasal spray by Arm & Hammer. The Nettie Pot is an occasional thing, while the spray can be used daily. Although I use both, I take a break from the daily spray every now and then. This is gross but clean your nose out thoroughly with good hot water from a shower and then wipe out clean with a good rubbing using a Kleenex, get everything out of there.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I find that I have to rotate my allergy meds after a while. I use the generics of Allegra, Claritin, and zyrtec. None of those are decongestant though so I sometimes have to take a "red pill" (Sudafed or similar) to dry everything up. And, YES! I have the worst time moving from AC to fresh air!
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿