Fall School

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:55 am That's ridiculous. If you don't trust teachers with cleaning supplies it's surprising you'd let them alone with children. The lack of respect for professional educators is appalling.
I guess it is me going through at least a box of pencils a week. I better stop that.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Another twist in a school's plan:

The school board where my daughter teaches decided yesterday to do all remote learning for the students. But the twist is that all teachers must do the remote teaching from their classroom. The reason is so teachers can still collaborate with their peers.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I'm glad you're daughter's district made the switch! I know a few teachers who have to teach from their classrooms, too. Some are frustrated because that means they have to leave their own school age kids at home.

Dunlap is supposed to start today but they have several staff member in quarantine so we'll see how it goes!
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:07 am I'm glad you're daughter's district made the switch! I know a few teachers who have to teach from their classrooms, too. Some are frustrated because that means they have to leave their own school age kids at home.

Dunlap is supposed to start today but they have several staff member in quarantine so we'll see how it goes!
Well, my daughter had planned to put her 19-month old son in daycare no matter what.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:02 am Another twist in a school's plan:

The school board where my daughter teaches decided yesterday to do all remote learning for the students. But the twist is that all teachers must do the remote teaching from their classroom. The reason is so teachers can still collaborate with their peers.
D150's teachers must report to school to teach. Guess that may foil a few plans to teach from the beaches of Cabo.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm

D150's teachers must report to school to teach. Guess that may foil a few plans to teach from the beaches of Cabo.
with that sweet check and guaranteed pension after only a couple of years teaching, I would think they would!
Jannn1959
Reactions:

with that sweet check and guaranteed pension after only a couple of years teaching, I would think they would!

If that really were the case, I should have stopped teaching 31 years ago!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Update. Apparently my daughter's school board met for 4.5 hours yesterday....without an answer or decision. Teachers were scheduled to report today anyway, regardless of type of learning. I believe students were expected back on Thursday. My wife said she got a text after 10 pm last night about this 'indecision', and the school board was meeting again tonight. Oh brother..

(I realize this is not a Peoria area school, but nice to compare what other schools are trying to do.)

https://www.sj-r.com/news/20200816/foll ... -to-monday
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

there are certainly pros and cons to both sides of the issue. I'm am pro schools opening, but if it goes to hell rapidly I'm not unwilling to change my opinion.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:39 pm
kevwr1962 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm

If you call sweet $25500 a year less than the last job I had before teaching.......