Peoria community members support officers with Back The Blue rally

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

I agree, and to Rita's point, I have always known that like any profession, there are people in law enforcement that have no business in that line of work. I worked with one in the southwest who hated Hispanics and took every chance he could to violate their constitutional rights. I turned him in on several occasions and refused to back him up on traffic stops he conducted because I knew what would likely transpire. Eventually it caught up with him and he was fired, but it took longer than it should have because back then there was not the proliferation of video we have today. I arrested a couple of my fellow officers on domestic violence as well. No excuse for that. Period.

I do not agree with Rita's belief that all cops lie, that all cops are bad, etc. That's a broad brush that doesn't paint an accurate picture of the police, but rather an accurate picture of her hatred. As a detective, I lost a few cases at trial because I told the truth of what happened, and that put reasonable doubt in the mind of at least one juror. If it was something I missed in the investigation, I learned from that and strived to do better next time. That's how our system is designed though, and it's one worth defending. Sure, I could have lied and gotten a conviction, but I decided early on before ever pinning on a badge that my integrity was something nobody could take from me, and something I'd never give away.

I also agree I don't know why anyone would go into LE now. I counsel those who ask not to. Rita thinks she's getting my goat when she says she's glad I'm no longer in LE, and my response is always the same, and always truthful. It's "me too."
[/quote]

For what it's worth, AV8R, I thank you for your service in your time as a police officer and a detective.

It's true not all cops are bad. Those that abuse the badge need to be thrown out.
It's true not all politicians are bad. Those that abuse the office need to be thrown out.
It's true not all physicians are bad. Those that abuse the medical oath need to be thrown out.
You get the point.

What I'm saying, mostly to @LovelyRita Rita, is that there are bad apples in every profession. It's unfortunate that in greed for ratings and ad $$$, cops get the most media attention. These days even more than politicians.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

There are probably a lot more dishonest politicians than dishonest policemen.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

40% of law enforcement officers are also domestic abusers. Domestic abusers are not honest.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:11 pm 40% of law enforcement officers are also domestic abusers. Domestic abusers are not honest.
That is hard to believe. Can you prove that statistic?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: ↑Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:56 pm
LovelyRita wrote: ↑Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:11 pm 40% of law enforcement officers are also domestic abusers. Domestic abusers are not honest.
Yep.

Do 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence? It's complicated

Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence, in contrast to 10% of families in the general population," the National Center for Women & Policing says. "A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24%, indicating that domestic violence is 2-4 times more common among police families than American families in general."

http://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police ... study-says

Here's another...

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does

" And there is another American profession that has a significantly more alarming problem with domestic abuse. I'd urge everyone who believes in zero tolerance for NFL employees caught beating their wives or girlfriends to direct as much attentionβ€”or ideally, even more attentionβ€”at police officers who assault their partners. Several studies have found that the romantic partners of police officers suffer domestic abuse at rates significantly higher than the general population. And while all partner abuse is unacceptable, it is especially problematic when domestic abusers are literally the people that battered and abused women are supposed to call for help."

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... ds/380329/
LovelyRita
Reactions:

And this is a video of an Illinois State cop demonstrating for us....

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:12 pm
And this is a video of an Illinois State cop demonstrating for us....

have you done anything about this video? I posted a link to the ISP with instructions how to file a complaint. You seem awfully concerned you've posted the video twice now.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Not local, but on topic with Back the Blue rally. This one was in Albuquerque. Note the lack of bricks, frozen water bottles. green lasers, etc. This is what a peaceful rally looks like.

RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: ↑Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:02 pm Not local, but on topic with Back the Blue rally. This one was in Albuquerque. Note the lack of bricks, frozen water bottles. green lasers, etc. This is what a peaceful rally looks like.

Thanks Glenn Beck.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile