Golden Corral in Peoria closing.

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... in-peoria/

Owner flat out blames Pritzker.

Not a fan of buffets AND chains but I will say this. When we go to competitions, we go to CG as there is something there for everyone and there is no complaining. Been to one in Chicago 'burbs, Rockford, Springfield, and Indy and they were all far better and cleaner than the one in Peoria which I almost walked out of. As much as I'm no fan of our current Governor, I don't think THIS closure it is all his fault.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

I think this Pandemic has been hard on all restaurants, especially buffets. I know for a fact that folks miss Jason's Deli salad bar. But, I'm wondering if GC offered forms for patrons to fill out for food selections, and staff filled the plates for them. That's how we're doing Salad plates, and it's working out well.

My experiences at GC are mixed. I once went to breakfast 1 hour after opening, and some items were already cold or lukewarm. Dinner time seemed better, but sometimes food wasn't replenished right away when empty. I did like their soups, desserts and butterfly shrimp.

I am in agreement that their closing should not be blamed on Pritzker.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Oscar Leroy
Reactions:

I think it's past time to get rid of buffets and salad bars. I've seen people do some disgusting things, like sample everything with their fingers and lick them off in between each item.
RPlant
Reactions:

Oscar Leroy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:24 pm I think it's past time to get rid of buffets and salad bars. I've seen people do some disgusting things, like sample everything with their fingers and lick them off in between each item.
Care for a mint?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile