Fall School

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Easy solution @DennisinMH school district here is open so your kid needs to be in school. If you choose to keep him or her out they provide access to some program you can use at home but there is NO teacher involvement.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

That's not how it works. The law does provides for a free and appropriate education in the least restrictive environment for all students.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

So I can understand that teachers are nervous about returning to school. But they should take a cue from their fellow essential workers and do their job. Even people who think there’s a fundamental difference between a nurse and a teacher in a pandemic must realize that there isn’t one between a grocery-store worker and a teacher, in terms of obligation. People who work at grocery stores in no way signed up to expose themselves to disease, but we expected them to go to work, and they did. If they had not, society would have collapsed. What do teachers think will happen if working parents cannot send their children to school? Life as we know it simply will not go on.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... id/614902/
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:39 pm Monkeys might fly out of my butt, too.
That’s quite an “educated” response you posted.
Last edited by born2race2win1954! on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
LovelyRita
Reactions:

born2race2win1954! wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:41 pm
LovelyRita wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:39 pm Monkeys might fly out of my butt, too.
That’s quite an “educated” response you posted.
Actually, that was a joke! Sometimes a sense of humor is helpful. Lighten up a little... Also, I appreciate a the thumbs down you keep adding to my posts from last month. Why are you reading and rereading my posts from early July?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Illinois State moving more classes online after some COVID testing supplies fall through

I think this is the beginning.....

https://www.pjstar.com/news/20200804/il ... ll-through
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:28 am An interesting new perspective has arose.

Those districts that offer both in school and e-learning. If in-school teachers are busy all day with teaching classes, how will they have time to conduct virtual lessons for those that opt for that?

This issue was raised in a WMBD story from the Dunlap district. Students started a petition to the school board to reconsider. If teachers at busy, virtual teachers would have to be outsourced.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... ignatures/
what if I record myself teaching class while recording it on MS Stream making sure that I don't have any students in the picture? At home learners could access it at their convenience and do their assignments under another MS Teams application. Students in class would have the option to do the in class paper version or the online MS Teams version of the assignment.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:05 pm
DennisinMH wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:28 am An interesting new perspective has arose.

Those districts that offer both in school and e-learning. If in-school teachers are busy all day with teaching classes, how will they have time to conduct virtual lessons for those that opt for that?

This issue was raised in a WMBD story from the Dunlap district. Students started a petition to the school board to reconsider. If teachers at busy, virtual teachers would have to be outsourced.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... ignatures/
what if I record myself teaching class while recording it on MS Stream making sure that I don't have any students in the picture? At home learners could access it at their convenience and do their assignments under another MS Teams application. Students in class would have the option to do the in class paper version or the online MS Teams version of the assignment.
Sounds good to me. My younger daughter who works at an Early Head Start program near Champaign doesn't have children coming in yet, so she and her class co-workers have to make videos every day to put on YouTube for the parents. They use Microsoft HP Pro laptops, and had to learn on their own how to shoot and edit the videos. Well, almost on their own. I edited the first video for them because they couldn't get the clips to show up in the software. Once they got that glitch fixed, they were good, except for a couple of 'tech support' advice from.me, lol.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

CPS will start with all e-learning and continue as such till November. I expect districts around our area to announce this week too.

https://hoiabc.com/2020/08/05/chicago-s ... linois_ABC
Last edited by LovelyRita on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Nonsense
I will never vote for Kamunism