German Fest

Bwiser
Reactions:

Did anyone go to the German Fest yesterday? Was wondering if they had a good turnout since
the PJS didn't see fit to report on it.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

My guess is that turnout for the German Fest would be low, as it clearly goes against what medical experts are telling people not to do. Just my guess though.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

My elderly parents did not want to go so I did other things. However, I knew quite a few people who went. I can ask them.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Bwiser
Reactions:

I was just curious as we had other plans and couldn't make it. And the PJS couldn't find the time to report on it.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

I just got a FB reply. He went at 1 PM and thought the crowd looked a bit light compared to when he usually goes around 4 PM Thought there may have been 75-100 people. He didn't stay long as he had a previous commitment but thought there were more cars when he left than when he arrived. I know this isn't very informative and only one person viewpoint, but its the best I got.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

We used to go to the Fest every year and were sad not to go to it this year. We have fond memories of attending the 2000 OctoberFest in Munich with our CAT Travel Group. Hopefully, they will have a good one here again next year.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Bwiser wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:06 pm I was just curious as we had other plans and couldn't make it. And the PJS couldn't find the time to report on it.
I'm hopeful that it was successful enough for them to consider to do the Schlachtfest this year. It is usually held in October a few weeks after Oktoberfest on the riverfront. Did you happen to make the corn boil and pork chop dinner they had a few weeks ago?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 am
Bwiser wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:06 pm I was just curious as we had other plans and couldn't make it. And the PJS couldn't find the time to report on it.
I'm hopeful that it was successful enough for them to consider to do the Schlachtfest this year. It is usually held in October a few weeks after Oktoberfest on the riverfront. Did you happen to make the corn boil and pork chop dinner they had a few weeks ago?
Man, you folks are making me hungry for some of that German food mentioned!
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:02 am
kevwr1962 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 am
Man, you folks are making me hungry for some of that German food mentioned!
The Oktoberfest beers are starting to hit the shelves. These Marzen style beers are some of my favorites which pair well with a lot of German foods. In about a month it is time to start making some bratwurst!!