Wonderful woman

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Ronda Guyton started working at the Peoria Sheriff's office at age 21, gradually moving up in rank until she was promoted to Undersheriff of Corrections, or jail superintendent if you will. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012, had a double mastectomy, and had been in remission almost 10 years. Until she recently was diagnosed with Stage IV mestatic breast cancer, meaning cancer had spread beyond her chest. There is no cure.

So, she decided to retire, enjoy family and traveling. Even though she was clearing her office yesterday, her official last day is August 31. She's also been active in the community, including working with fundraisers for Susan B Komen foundation, and serving on the board of the African American Hall of Fame Museum. She accomplished all this despite being raised in poverty and being a teen mom .

Those at the Peoria County jail will said they will miss her attitude and smile.
Last edited by DennisinPeoria on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Good story, but also sad for sure. Best wishes.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Haven't had any contact with Rhonda since my retirement but I remember her well. she is a good person who always had a smile and I was really sorry to hear this news.
I will never vote for Kamunism