Interstate Driving

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Recently spent some time driving on the interstate. A couple of fairly long trips. It always amazes me how many REALLY bad drivers there are out there. #1 frustration is people who linger in the left lane,...PLEASE STOP doing this! After about the 10th time you get passed on the right,...figure it out. Stop driving 50mph in the left lane, it affects SO many other vehicles traveling issues. #2 is the tailgaters, they think everyone should move over for them so they have a clear and fast path to their destination. Unless it is a medical EMERGENCY, stop the intimidating driving! #3 the people who consider their phone conversation more important than their driving duties, IT IS NOT! You are risking your life and the lives of many others. It is still illegal in most places, as far as I know. OK, enough of that. But it was and is an obvious observation 🤔
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
RambleOn
Reactions:

Hoping to spend about 7 hours one-way on the interstate system next weekend and backtrack next Monday. I totally agree with your statements about driving the interstates. I80 is the worst that I will be on. I wish the state could afford to staff the toll booths. I don't go enough to need the I Pass, so will be sending another check to the Tollway Authority.
Above all, be kind!
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RambleOn wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:41 am Hoping to spend about 7 hours one-way on the interstate system next weekend and backtrack next Monday. I totally agree with your statements about driving the interstates. I80 is the worst that I will be on. I wish the state could afford to staff the toll booths. I don't go enough to need the I Pass, so will be sending another check to the Tollway Authority.
Safe travels.
RPlant
Reactions:

RambleOn wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:41 am Hoping to spend about 7 hours one-way on the interstate system next weekend and backtrack next Monday. I totally agree with your statements about driving the interstates. I80 is the worst that I will be on. I wish the state could afford to staff the toll booths. I don't go enough to need the I Pass, so will be sending another check to the Tollway Authority.
The iPass is a godsend. We've had ours for 15 years. I think it was $40 at Jewel. This included the $10 deposit and $30 in toll credits.

In case you are heading to Michigan, take note I-55/I-80 is under major reconstruction and the I-80/I-94 merge is always hit or miss. I've started cutting across on US-24 and picking up I-65, coming in on the backside of the Chicago traffic on the whole I-94/I-80 mess. The 2 lane sections of US-24 are a drag, but at least you are moving compared to the parking lot that can become I-80/I-94.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Wishing you safe travels! I can confirm what RPlant said, as I ran into construction on East I-80 in Joliet to the point where traffic is stopped, sometimes for 5 minutes or more. That was as of Thursday.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Sounds like those oft maligned two lane roads saved the day then….
I will never vote for Kamunism