Suicides up in Illinois

LovelyRita
Reactions:

This is a national trend. We're losing an entire generation of young people. Those rates have been alarming for a while. I hope everyone is looking out for the young people in their lives. 😟
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

I'm sure the Pandemic isn't helping people's mindsets either.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 am I'm sure the Pandemic isn't helping people's mindsets either.
Mental health professionals have been ringing an alarm bell about this trend for quite some time, anticipating it as a result of the lockdown. There’s more coming unfortunately. The collateral deaths of bad policy
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

This is a very sad and scary time for people with mental health issues. I pray for them and those who care for them.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
LovelyRita
Reactions:

born2race2win1954! wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:26 pm This is a very sad and scary time for people with mental health issues. I pray for them and those who care for them.
I'm glad you said this. The laughing reaction you added my post made me wonder. Suicide isn't really something to laugh about.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt that she meant to post the crying face. They look very similar and it’s a mistake I’ve made as well
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Seriously stop with the mansplaining, She's able to speak for herself.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:06 pm Seriously stop with the mansplaining, She's able to speak for herself.
Sorry for the error in my posting, Lovely Rita. I was very close to someone who committed suicide when I was young and spent some time in the hospital when I was very young due to depression and thoughts of suicide. I would never belittle or laugh at that topic. Thanks again for noticing my error.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I appreciate the change. Unfortunately, it's a sensitive issue for a lot of people.