Congratulations

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Dennis, congratulations on your wife's retirement today. She, and you are going to love it. It might take some time getting used to it at first, but after you do, it will be a breeze.
Are you doing anything to surprise her or anything special?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
RambleOn
Reactions:

I bet she dances on the way out the door today! Retirement is great! It took me a bit to find constructive things to fill my time, but that is not a problem anymore. Time for her to tackle her passion.
Above all, be kind!
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RambleOn wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:15 pm I bet she dances on the way out the door today! Retirement is great! It took me a bit to find constructive things to fill my time, but that is not a problem anymore. Time for her to tackle her passion.
Absolutely agree. I had a bit of anxiety around retirement, work had been a constant since I was 14. No regrets though, and I hope the same for your wife. You’re next Dennis!!
I will never vote for Kamunism
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Was going to wait until Monday for this, but oh well

Actually, tears flowed from both her and coworkers in saying goodbye. She got a big vase of roses and flowers from the store. She got smaller vases from other people. She got cupcakes (instead of a cake due to Covid) to pass out. The manager gave her a $25 GC to Cracker Barrel. A free coffee from Starbucks. Balloons and cards signed by many employees. She had to use a shopping cart to haul it all to her car, lol. My Springfield daughter sent her flowers and a Starbucks GC. Lots of hugs and "we're going to miss you".

I felt like a cheap husband not doing anything yesterday, but today I got her Panera for breakfast, going shopping to Kohl's for a necklace or perhaps some clothes, and dinner at Avanti's, her favorite place for lasagna.

As for me, I turn just 62 in a couple weeks.or so, and plan to work at least until 67 as long as I'm healthy physically and mentally. If wife gets bored, she does know how to to tax returns. She's got an Associates degree in Accounting.