A Tale of Two Stories

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Take a look at these 2 recent TV stories on the Peoria Police Department arrests that netted 20 arrests, along with confiscations. I'm not posting the links nor the headlines to the stories. One outlet story has a link to a video story, the other does not.

The challenge is to determine which one of these came from an outlet accused of being far Leftist, or if one of these has more of a alleged Leftist slant than the other. One rule: You CANNOT go to the websites of the TV stories to see which story is from which local media source. Both outlets received the same information in a press release from the Peoria Police Department.

Media 1:

Peoria Police, along with state and federal law enforcement agencies, conducted a detail that brought 50 traffic stops which resulted in several citations and numerous warnings and 20 arrests - including some wanted on county and federal warrants, and more.

The overall mission included identifying hot spots through data driven evidence, utilizing intelligence gained through field investigations, and the deployment of resources to conduct directed patrol strategies - focusing on the most violent offenders in the community.

In a release, Peoria Police Chief Eric Echevarria also says two stolen vehicles were recovered and two illegally possessed firearms were seized. Wednesday night’s detail also provided evidence in furtherance of several ongoing major investigations.

A brief synopsis of the major incidents are:

• 1200 block of East Forrest Hill: A previously reported stolen vehicle that fled from units on the ground was tracked utilizing ISP Air Operations which led to the location and apprehension of three juvenile suspects. A foot chase ensued, and all three suspects were arrested for Possession of a Stolen Motor Vehicle and transported to the Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center (PPD Incident #22-359).

• 200 Block of East Corrington: A suspect with a federal arrest warrant for possession of a fully automatic pistol was located, arrested, and transported to the Peoria County Jail (PPD Incident #22-386).

• 1900 block of South Stanley: A second previously reported stolen vehicle fled ground units and was tracked utilizing ISP Air Operations. Ground units were directed to the location of the vehicle once again when the driver of the vehicle began driving recklessly through the city. Out of caution for civilians, the suspect, and officers on the ground, the decision was made to not pursue the vehicle on the ground but rather rely on information from the air. Once the driver stopped, ground units converged on the location and witnessed the driver exit the vehicle and walk into a residence. A brief standoff ensued with an eventual peaceful surrender. The driver had an outstanding warrant for Fleeing and Eluding and was transported to the Peoria County Jail (PPD Incident #21-25146).

• Indiana & Nebraska: A traffic stop was conducted and during the course of the investigation a loaded stolen handgun, as well as a loaded rifle, were recovered from the vehicle. The subjects inside the vehicle were arrested for various weapons-related offenses, traffic violations as well as a warrant on file (PPD Incident #21-374).

Echevarria says no ShotSpotter activations or new motor vehicle thefts were reported.

The Peoria Police Neighborhood Services (NSU) also began a detail to tow current abandoned vehicles. This effort will continue daily and during specific planned details.

Illinois State Police troopers from districts 8, 6, 9, CRIMPAT Units, AIR Ops and Zone 4 investigations participated in the effort.

The United States Marshal Service Central Illinois Fugitive Task Force conducted a fugitive apprehension detail.

Members of the Peoria Police Department Criminal Investigations Division, Patrol Operations and the Special Investigations Division also participated.

Nearly 60 law enforcement officers participated.

---------------------------------------------------------

Media 2:
More than 50 vehicle stops in Peoria led to a slew of arrests and confiscations Wednesday, Jan. 5.

Multiple agencies, including the Illinois State Police (ISP), United States Marshals Service, members of the Peoria Police Department Criminal Investigations Division, Patrol Operations, and the Special Investigations Division assisted the Peoria Police Department.

Peoria Police Chief Eric Echevarria was pleased with the collaboration between the departments and said he is committed to continuing the work.

"We are six days into the new year and six days into the Peoria Police Department’s Anti-Violence Initiative. While last night was impactful, we are by no means done. The PPD will continue to collaborate with our county, state, and federal law enforcement partners, as well as continued conversations with the community we serve, in our goal to enhance public safety and the reduction of violent crime. On behalf of myself and my command staff, I want to take this opportunity to highlight the efforts of everyone involved – both Peoria Police officers assigned to this detail, as well as our law enforcement partners for their work last night."

PPD CHIEF ERIC ECHEVARRIA

As a result of the traffic stops, 20 arrests were made, including several for wanted individuals on county and federal warrants, two stolen vehicles were recovered, and two illegal firearms were discovered.

Evidence to assist in multiple major investigations was also collected, according to the press release.

Collaborative efforts that lead to arrest include:

• 1200 block of East Forrest Hill: A stolen vehicle that sped from police was tracked utilizing ISP Air Operations, which led to the location of three juvenile suspects who then ran from police. They were tracked down, arrested, and charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, before being transported to the Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center.

• 200 Block of East Corrington: A suspect with a federal arrest warrant for possession of a full
automatic pistol was located, arrested, and transported to the Peoria County Jail.

• 1900 block of South Stanley: A vehicle, previously reported as stolen, was driven away from police but later tracked by ISP Air Operations. Police on the ground were able to locate the vehicle as the driver began driving recklessly throughout the city. Out of caution, police abandoned the chase on the street and instead relied on information from the air. Once the driver stopped, police converged on the location and watched as the suspect walked into a home. After a brief standoff, the suspect surrendered. They had an outstanding warrant for feeling and eluding and were transported to the Peoria County Jail.

• Indiana & Nebraska Streets: A stolen handgun and loaded rifle were recovered from a vehicle during a traffic stop. The suspects inside were arrested for various weapons-related charges, traffic violations, and a warrant already on file.

• During the detail, no ShotSpotter activations or new motor vehicle thefts were reported.

• The Peoria Police Neighborhood Services (NSU) also began a detail to tow current abandoned vehicles. This effort will continue daily and during specific planned details.

“Although the Illinois State Police has a strict pursuit policy, we possess substantial resources able to help identify, apprehend, and convict individuals who flee,” said ISP District 8 Commander Lieutenant Tim Sweeney.

“The Illinois State Police will continue to work with our law enforcement partners and use all resources available to protect our community,” Sweeney said.
Last edited by DennisinPeoria on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tazewell
Reactions:

I hope Leftist WMBD paid you to make these two posts. If not, you just wasted a bunch of time. Also, I thought you were taking the weekend off of the forum?
DennisinPeoria wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:19 pm The challenge is to determine which one of these came from an outlet accused of being far Leftist, or if one of these has more of a alleged Leftist slant than the other.
First, I never accused any station of being FAR Left. Just plain old, run-of-the-mill Leftist. You just created another strawman.

Second, why did you pick a story with no politics involved to try and prove your point? This was a straightforward story about a police operation. It might as well have been a story about the latest restaurant opening. Obviously not every story from Leftist WMBD is going to have a political bent to it. Even MSNBC probably has some unbiased stories from time to time.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

These tale of two stories threads seem awfully political. @RPlant did you report them to @WAPJoe ? Or is the standard different for my posts than Dennis’ posts?
I will never vote for Kamunism
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:34 pm These tale of two stories threads seem awfully political. @RPlant did you report them to @WAPJoe ? Or is the standard different for my posts than Dennis’ posts?
Your buddy just said he picked stories with no politics involved.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:34 pm These tale of two stories threads seem awfully political. @RPlant did you report them to @WAPJoe ? Or is the standard different for my posts than Dennis’ posts?
Really, I didn't read it that way. But please continue to enlighten us.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:57 pm
The original poster literally challenged the reader to make a political determination. Seems....ohhhhh....POLITICAL?
I will never vote for Kamunism
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:15 pm
CCubs wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:57 pm
The original poster literally challenged the reader to make a political determination. Seems....ohhhhh....POLITICAL?
Umm, ohhh I don't what WAP duo continues to make the claim that a Local Yocal station is overrun by hard leftists?

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:21 pm Local Yocal station

local yokel - A native resident of a rural location, often with the derogatory implication that they are less intelligent, refined, or cultured than someone from a city.

@DennisinPeoria, thoughts?
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:23 pm

local yokel - A native resident of a rural location, often with the derogatory implication that they are less intelligent, refined, or cultured than someone from a city.

Come on man. How else would they be overrun by hard Leftists? :lol: You had all afternoon and that is as good as you can conjure up for the rest of the group? :oops:

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:28 pm
Tazewell wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Come on man. How else would they be overrun by hard Leftists? :lol: You had all afternoon and that is as good as you can conjure up for the rest of the group? :oops:
You may have missed it. I answered Dennis' post over 5 hours ago.