Passion

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

If you have passion for a job, it doesn't feel like a job. That's my take on the career field I took, even though I originally went to college to be a radio DJ. Somewhere along the line, video and TV production became more appealing to me.

So my 1st video job was in September, 1980, part-time, with a photography studio in Pekin whose owner branched out into video. Working with him and at GE Cablevision doing various TV work gave me the idea to produce a pilot for a weekly music showcase of local bands. Although after shooting and editing it, I intended to syndicate it around local cable stations around the Midwest. Although my career took another turn, I've always looked back on this fondly.

The black segments were for local commercial placement. The band was called "The Idols', took place at the Distillery Nightclub next door to Alexander Street Steakhouse shot in late 1982. I ran the main camera from the balcony, while the photography shop owner used a shoulder camera with an assistant carrying the 3/4" video cassette recorder. Then I went to work editing it.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Dennis, the opening song on that video is from a local group called Mackinaw. I used to go see them play often. They were a really good local band headed up by Crow Carroll. Did you have connections with them?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 am Dennis, the opening song on that video is from a local group called Mackinaw. I used to go see them play often. They were a really good local band headed up by Crow Carroll. Did you have connections with them?
I had seen them locally, liked their music, bought the album this song was on. And I contacted one of the members to get permission to use the song in the credits. I believe it was Crow Carroll I talked to.