East Bluff investment

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

A major investment to the East Bluff, especially for the Wisconsin corridor, could be coming soon from the Peoria City Council. A Live report at 5 and 6 pm from the Glen Oak Learning Center tonight on WMBD News. (And yes, I'll be out there behind the camera)
Tazewell
Reactions:

This money should go to pensions or the CSO.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Instead of investing in the improvement of streets and neighborhoods? I would think most Peorians would prefer that.

Here's a link to the story:

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... ast-bluff/
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:57 pm Instead of investing in the improvement of streets and neighborhoods? I would think most Peorians would prefer that.

Here's a link to the story:

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... ast-bluff/
Needs vs. wants.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:39 pm This money should go to pensions or the CSO.
Whaaat!?! I thought it was your position to just walk on pension obligations and tell the Feds to scratch. Doesn't Federalism give the state the right to pollute their river. After all it is the Illinois River. Who better than to pollute it than the State of Illinois?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:23 am
Tazewell wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:39 pm This money should go to pensions or the CSO.
Whaaat!?! I thought it was your position to just walk on pension obligations and tell the Feds to scratch. Doesn't Federalism give the state the right to pollute their river. After all it is the Illinois River. Who better than to pollute it than the State of Illinois?
I don't believe I have ever stated my position on either of those issues. The pensions NEED to be funded and we NEED to keep sewage out of the river. We DON'T NEED extra investment in that part of town until more urgent matters are resolved.